• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bought a new bird feeder today Added pic post 11

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
Sat my bum down and waited till one landed, then this little beauty popped by.

image_zps818c94f1.jpg

image_zps02e82c87.jpg

Last edited:
Awww a bobbin we have 2 bobbins the male comes really close to me he even cheekly takes suet pellets out the storage tub instead of out the bowl :lol:

Awww a bobbin we have 2 bobbins the male comes really close to me he even cheekly takes suet pellets out the storage tub instead of out the bowl :lol:

Awwww they always seem to get closer to you than any other type of birds in the garden. I do love robins :love:

Apparently i was reading about them that you can gain there trust and get them to eat out your hand that would be so special if i could get him to do that

Apparently i was reading about them that you can gain there trust and get them to eat out your hand that would be so special if i could get him to do that

A few years ago we had a bobby robin who would eat out of my hand. He used to sit on the rabbit run and I gradually got closer and closer to him until he was brave enough to take food from my hand :love:. We now have a very brave squirrel who I can get about 3 feet from. Wouldn't want to put my fingers anywhere his little toofy-pegs though :lol:.

A few years ago we had a bobby robin who would eat out of my hand. He used to sit on the rabbit run and I gradually got closer and closer to him until he was brave enough to take food from my hand :love:. We now have a very brave squirrel who I can get about 3 feet from. Wouldn't want to put my fingers anywhere his little toofy-pegs though :lol:.

A squirrel bite would be nasty :shock: I love watching them though they make me laugh :lol:

I put out the "fat balls" in the feeder,all sorts come calling.The usual wee songbirds plus the larger ones ,jackdaws,carrion crows and the pesky magpies,oh and the grey squirrels if they are in the mood for the sunflower seeds in them.
We also have a hunting sparrowhawk that dives bombs them now and then in search of prey,a few days ago a pigeon flew past fast by the window with the sparrowhawk in pursuit.it missed,pigeons are canny birds.

I put out the "fat balls" in the feeder,all sorts come calling.The usual wee songbirds plus the larger ones ,jackdaws,carrion crows and the pesky magpies,oh and the grey squirrels if they are in the mood for the sunflower seeds in them.
We also have a hunting sparrowhawk that dives bombs them now and then in search of prey,a few days ago a pigeon flew past fast by the window with the sparrowhawk in pursuit.it missed,pigeons are canny birds.

You must see such a vast array of birds :love:

Ah hello mr robin!

My mum is friends with a robin. It follows her round when she's gardening to find the grubs in the earth she's just turned. They're amazing birds.

Back