• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Moley - u/d fur blockage medication help!

Rab-bit

Alpha Buck
Moley started stomach pressing again last night at about 9pm and I couldn't leave him like that overnight so off to the vets we went at 11.30pm. He got a through check up and all good apart from the pressing, he is 5.7kg, I knew he was heavy/but gosh!!!!

Anyway he gave him a cocktail of drugs. Zantac, baitrel, Metacam and something else to stimulate the gut and put fluids under his skin. This morning he has done 3 poos, I don't know about wee and he is just lying in his litter tray, v little reaction to anything but likes to be stroked. Poppy hasn't left his side and is grooming him lots.

I hope he is just still drowsy please send vibes for him. :love:

Last edited:
Thanks for the vibes, it's so hard to know what's for the best with buns. The vet phoned and I told him Moley has perked up and ate some hay but no more toilet yet!! He said not to let it drag on and take him in for X-rays and see whether there is something else going on. But Moley seems to have picked up (did half a binky) and I'm not sure what to do for the best. Do I put him through the stress of GA and X-ray when there might be nothing or do I let him recover and see how it goes? Arghhh I am so stuck! :(

Tbh I would still take him for an X-ray. Something might show up that would aid in his recovery better.

If he seems to be improving and is eating I think I'd wait rather than put him through the stress of a GA. Hope he's ok.

Moley and I say thank you for the vibes. However I have had to admit him for X-ray and bloods. He just wasn't himself and there seems to be a recurring condition so best to investigate now.
He is my massive but little soldier and I hope there is a conclusive result for us.

Vibes to all the other poorly buns ... Get better soon. X

Fingers crossed for a positive result and recovery...

Hugs for you too,

Fee xx

Thanks for all the vibes, please keep sending them. And any advice on syringe feeding would be appreciated! ;)

I was pleasantly surprised to see he wasn't lying in his tray feeling sorry for himself but in fact he was digging at the hay bale and having a good old nom ... :) he still isn't his bouncy self but its time to try pellets and medicate ..... Wish me luck could take a while!

Back