• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny girlfriend search

Jojo123

Mama Doe
Poor Bella goes back today, having a look for a female in need of a good home in my area. I have to say its a bit harder than i thought! There seems to be a lot more boys than girls

Thank you, does she run a rescue? I did see a bunny in Pets at home that i liked in the "unwanted" Section, apparently shes special as shes allergic to woodshaving? But i got the idea off here that they are bad for bunnies anyway! Is getting one from PAT just as good as a rescue do people think? I know a lot of people on here seem to be dead against PAH

Thank you, does she run a rescue? I did see a bunny in Pets at home that i liked in the "unwanted" Section, apparently shes special as shes allergic to woodshaving? But i got the idea off here that they are bad for bunnies anyway! Is getting one from PAT just as good as a rescue do people think? I know a lot of people on here seem to be dead against PAH

I'm not quite sure whether she runs a rescue or is a rabbit-boarder, but just thought she may be able to help as she's in your area.

If you go on to Rabbit Rehome at the bottom right of the home page, there are links to lots of rescues - some of which may be close enough to you.

The problem with buying from Pets at Home is that they just keep re-stocking as rabbits are sold, and with 65,000 already being in rescues (lots of which probably came from P@H originally and then became 'unwanted') it just encourages them to continue with this practice. I also know (from here) that they have sold rabbits with health problems.

I have bought and adopted from them in the past (one was unwanted and the other I fell in love with), long before I became a member of the Forum.

It is a difficult one - and it must be your choice of course.

The other thing to consider is that some rescues will help with bonding - or they can at least point you in the right direction to rabbits that may be suitable.

I hope you find what you are looking for.

I'm a volunteer with Windwhistle Warren, we have quite a few females in at the moment. Our website is very out of date so it would be best to email me sal@windwhistlewarren.org.uk and let me know what you are looking for. I'm at the rescue tomorrow so I can find out some more for you and take some photos.
'We' (Alice) can also do the bonding for you.
I have the fun job of sorting out the home checks!

Last edited:
I'm a volunteer with Windwhistle Warren, we have quite a few females in at the moment. Our website is very out of date so it would be best to email me sal@windwhitlewarren.org.uk and let me know what you are looking for. I'm at the rescue tomorrow so I can find out some more for you and take some photos.
'We' (Alice) can also do the bonding for you.
I have the fun job of sorting out the home checks!

I have emailed you (i think was there ment to be an S in the whitle?) will look forward to seeing some pics! :thumb:

Back