• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Popcorn and Jelly got neutered today... U/D P5 need help please :0)

tainay

Warren Scout
Ohhhh finally it's all done! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I was shivering this morning when signing the form and almost cried :oops: was so worried for the whole day and could sit down or read or do anything. Decided to go to the nearest garden centre and bought some compost, sand and strawberry plants (leaves for buns :lol:) but couldn't really do any gardening really (horrible weather + bumping heart).

Finally when our vet called me I was so happy that they've passed their first big test today! Went to pick them up and they've already started to eat (ohhh they are my buns for sure :lol:). Now having them separated in their double decker and they seem fine. Feed them their usual pellets, Alfalfa hay (their favourite), dried dandelion and they eat very well.

Popcorn laid like this and sit sometimes. Not drinking water so syringe feed him and juts peed :oops:

Jelly was quite sleepy when I picked her up. She is not much more lively than just came back.

I'm so happy for my buns and so proud of them! They are big boy and big girl now :love:

ps. nothing special really, just want to tell the world that they are so brave :thumb:

Last edited:
Thanks for all the vibes :love:

Took them to the vet this morning for post-op check. They are doing very well and hopefully will be running together next week in the run :D

Only concern was they were not interested in their usual hay at all (apart from alfalfa hay as treat) and keep chewing+digging+eating the puppy pads in their litter trays :( After combing back from the vet I've pulled out all types of hay that I have at the moment: H4P t&R, Ings, American Timothy, Readigrass and surprisingly they started munching on Ings!!! They never touched Ings before so I was very surprised! I'm very relieved to see them munching on hay again :lol:

However, is it common that buns change their preference / habit / taste after neutering?

:wave:my 2 girls were spayed on Thursday, and they are normally massive hay eaters, yet they've done exactly the same, hardly ate any hay at first, but troughing through pellets, dandelion leaves and grass that I picked for them. I had some readigrass that I had before I read on here it wasn't the best thing to be giving them regularly, but I thought at least it's some kind of fibre. They're usually outside but I've got them in a dog crate indoors until they've been checked at the post op check. I put newspaper down and more newspaper in the litter tray and they've had great fun ripping all the paper up and pulling it out of the tray :lol:

Back