• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Give us a cuddle Derek

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
image_zps02b64d95.jpg

Those two lift my spirits every time I see them. :)
Our outdoor kitty and our youngest dog have a working relationship but the dog has a tendency to just want to flatten the cat, which irritates the snot out of me. :( (Not to mention how it irritates the cat.) And yet Kitty loves 'her puppy' and will sit or sleep near her for hours with the two of them just enjoying one another's company. Kitty cannot just lie down with the dog though...anyone who enters the dog's area had best be up for an invitation to play.
The favorite pastime for the dog is to 'box' with the cat. Kitty takes swipes at her (claws in always) and the dog just bobs her head like a pigeon and dances around on her hind feet. When Kitty is done, which usually happens quickly, she just tells the dog to 'talk to the butt.' :lol:
OH taught them to do that...I wouldn't let them near one another for fear of the cat putting the dog's eye out. :( To this day Kitty will climb up on my shoulders and perch there so the dog can't reach her. Not that she still doesn't try. :?

I have had dogs and cats int he past though that were thick as thieves like Derek and his kitty...what is his/her name?

Back