• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who uses Panacur and Rearguard?

clarebear

Mama Doe
We've been given it from the vets as part of the health club our buns are enroled in.

To be honest I've only really used the Pancur once.

What do you recommend?

I would not use Panacur unless there was a definite medical reason for doing so - in other words I wouldn't use it as a preventive, only as treatment for illness.

I have certainly used Rearguard on a poorly bunny during hot weather.

we saw a different vet to our usual one yesterday and she offered us the panacur, i said i would do them if they showed any ec symptoms, or if i got a new bunny and do a 28day course as many recommened :wave: the rearguard i don't use although do have flyfree spray, but find regularly checking under their bottoms every day is a good way to make sure they arent at risk of fly strike

we saw a different vet to our usual one yesterday and she offered us the panacur, i said i would do them if they showed any ec symptoms, or if i got a new bunny and do a 28day course as many recommened :wave: the rearguard i don't use although do have flyfree spray, but find regularly checking under their bottoms every day is a good way to make sure they arent at risk of fly strike

Thank you. I think I will do this too, and just have it incase I need it. :thumb:

Back