• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wet chin

Georgie has a wet chin, I am pretty sure its from his water bowl as he has just had his teeth checked and they were perfect, he is a huge hay eater and has good droppings.

If it his water bowl causing it, will a wet/damp chin cause problems in the future & is there a bowl out there suitable for rabbits so they don't get soaked each time they drink from it? :wave:

I wouldn't think it would cause problems. Does he wash his face afterwards? What sort of bowl do you use?

If his chin is permanently wet then it can cause problems such as dermatitis and bacterial or fungal infections

Is him having a wet chin a new thing ?

He uses a ceramic bowl, I use this type of bowl for all of the buns and I've had no issues with it.

Georgie is a rather clumsy bun and will end up dipping several body parts into his water bowl and has done from day one :oops: Its normally when I've just put fresh water in so it could be that I am filling it up too much? :?

Its not a new a thing, he's done it from day one but Im worried its going to cause problems further down the line, there is periods of time where his chin is bone dry so I am pretty certain its not dental issues :)

Back