PDA

View Full Version : Wet chin

kayleighjennifer
09-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Georgie has a wet chin, I am pretty sure its from his water bowl as he has just had his teeth checked and they were perfect, he is a huge hay eater and has good droppings.

If it his water bowl causing it, will a wet/damp chin cause problems in the future & is there a bowl out there suitable for rabbits so they don't get soaked each time they drink from it? :wave:

clarebear
09-05-2013, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't think it would cause problems. Does he wash his face afterwards? What sort of bowl do you use?

Jack's-Jane
09-05-2013, 05:20 PM
If his chin is permanently wet then it can cause problems such as dermatitis and bacterial or fungal infections

Is him having a wet chin a new thing ?

kayleighjennifer
09-05-2013, 05:36 PM
He uses a ceramic bowl, I use this type of bowl for all of the buns and I've had no issues with it.

Georgie is a rather clumsy bun and will end up dipping several body parts into his water bowl and has done from day one :oops: Its normally when I've just put fresh water in so it could be that I am filling it up too much? :?

Its not a new a thing, he's done it from day one but Im worried its going to cause problems further down the line, there is periods of time where his chin is bone dry so I am pretty certain its not dental issues :)