• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Should I be Off to the vets with Twinkle, is she ill or isnt she??

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
They live in a shed and when I tucked them in for bed last night she was already there which is unusual.

This morning she was in the same place but didnt get up for breakfast, she let me pick her up a number of times which is very unusual then eventually she hopped out to the aviary and sat there.

I rung the vets they are very busy, booked to see the nurse at 9.40am and the vet for 11am. Went back out and picked her up easily and we set off, I took both rabbits. Halfway there shes sat up, eyes properly open eating the dandilions I had put in.

So I have come home with the view of taking her still for 11am. Shes currently in her carrier on my rug with the door open shes eating then she flopped out, now shes making a bed. Shes never keen on being inside so doesnt normally hop around.

Her ears are alert, eyes back to normal. Now just laid content in the carrier.

10mins later - thought I would put her outside see what she did, shes now been round the shed, the aviairy, had a drink and is now sat out on the patio, all of her own accord. Sat washing herself. Blooomin rabbits! Think I can cancel the vet.

She did this last June too, no idea what it was, vet couldnt find anything then.

I have changed the hay recently and they arent keen but its the only thing I can think of.

Last edited:
I think its just as well shes seeing the vet at 11 and although it may well be nothing to worry about i always think with buns-if in any doubt its best to check.She may be trying to hide feeling unwell.
Hope shes ok

This happened to me the other night, my bunny looked really down, let me pick him up which he never does without a fight. Was grinding his teeth a bit and wouldnt even eat a bit of apple which he goes mad for normally. Then when i was on the phone to the vet he perked up ate the apple and had his happy face back, the vet said keep an eye on him and if he shows any signs of the same ring him back hes been fine since. Took him for a check up after though. But if you already have n appointment i would take the bun just to be sure :wave:

Shes had a very good check up cant find anything just like when she did it last summer

Shes had 3 jabs, meloxidyl, zantac and emeprid. Got pain relief to start tomorrow just in case. then an appointment tomorrow if she goes downhill again and another for monday to check everything.

Bloomin bunnies, they really scare me when they go downhill

Back