• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Parsley - Sore eye

natsusakura

Warren Veteran
Earlier today I popped into see Parsley and noticed his eye was watery and there was some white discharge coming from it.

Made an app with my vet asap and got him seen to.

He has a wee eye infection, had the iodine put in and there was no ulceration which is good and his teeth look fine no spurs.
I have eye drops for him and he's to be seen in a week and hopefully it will be ok by then. Got to give him some painkillers as he looks in a little discomfort.
I wonder if perhaps a hair got in and couldn't get out, as he's moulting at the moment and there's hair everywhere!!

If his eye is no better he may need a tear duct flush as it could be blocked.

I'll be fair gutted if it is his tooth roots, as when he had an x-ray on his skull when I first got him his teeth were perfect.

But staying positive and hoping it's just a wee infection, poor guy the iodine has stained his fur around his eye, I've wiped as much as I can off for him, and his eye is still weepy.
Eye drop time soon :) any tips?

Madonna made it look so easy, :lol:

This is exactly what we have with Frankie at the moment. First we were on Maxitrol and now trying Tiacil before the vet will go for a tear duct flush. She has started to be wise to me coming at eye drops time and avoids it by is usually pretty good.

Hope Parsleys drops work x

This is exactly what we have with Frankie at the moment. First we were on Maxitrol and now trying Tiacil before the vet will go for a tear duct flush. She has started to be wise to me coming at eye drops time and avoids it by is usually pretty good.

Hope Parsleys drops work x

we have Fucithalmic vet it's called.
I think he'll get a flush if it's not any better just in case there's some of the white pus blocking the tear duct.

I'm going to have to get him lot's of treats to forgive me :lol: He gets ear drops as well so he'll hate me by the end of the week :)
Just as long as I can make him feel better :love:

Hope wee Frankie's new drops work !!

Have to say we are getting through the fenugreek crunchies much quicker than normal :lol: as I feel so bad giving her the drops I want to give her something to distract her after, and fenugreeks are her fave thing ever at the moment!!

Well parsley doesn't like me much.
He kept closing his eye just as I was putting the drop in and then when I got it in he bit me and ran away!
Under the wardrobe, I had to give him a treat to make him come out :lol:

Poor Parsley. I hope you find a way to give him his drops. Can someone help you? Sometimes things are easier with two!

Get well soon Parsley. xx

Vibes for Parsley.

Any time Spenser has needed meds I'm afraid more has been wasted than actually went in. :oops: He is very good at retreating to hiding places and assuming his 'preparing to bite' pose... :shock: Also I really need both hands to hold him.

Awwww noserubs for Parsley, poor wee soul.......

Hope his eye gets better soon

lots of love
Fee x

Poor Parsley. I hope you find a way to give him his drops. Can someone help you? Sometimes things are easier with two!

Get well soon Parsley. xx

my oh was at work for the morning drops but he's here now so im going to get him to help me do the night ones.

I don't know how much I lost this morning..
He kept closing his eye :lol: just as the drop was about to go in.

Its looking better already less red and its not as weepy :thumb: its those ru vibes :)

Well, did your distraction method work??

yahh :) I had him between my thighs as I sat on the ground then got ross to give him noserubs, then he had his treats after :)

He still ran away and did his angry flicks and head shaky, he's so funny :lol:
Hoping this course will clear it up, it looks promising so far :)

Thanks for asking Fee :) xxx

Back