• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poorly bunny - he's gone

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
I dont really know who else to tell but my bunny iggy is ill. He has bloat and the vets have given him loads of injections, antibiotics and fluids. He is 8-9. Vets said to keep an eye on him and check on him hourly if i wouldnt let him be admitted. If he goes in though im scared he wont come out and if he does go i would rather he is at home with me and betty bunny.

Last edited:
He gave him an injection of pain relief which should last 12hours. He isnt floppy now but he still wont eat. He is just sitting on the sofa with me.

Did the Vet administer pain relief ?

Is there anything else i can do for him? I feel pretty helpless. I have give him 3ml of water in a syringe. He had a little drink on his ow about an hour ago. I have given him some hay and a treat to try to get him to eat. I dont know what else to do?

He bad pain killers, antibiotics, gut stimulant and two syringes of fluid under his skin at the vet. I thought he would have picked up by now a bit. Does it take this long normally? My vets is closed now and i have to take him to the park group who are our emergency vets..

bump

Is he wanting to eat on his own?
Hopefully Jane will be back as she is better at this than me but I know infacol is good for gas and bloat?

at least I'm sure I read somewhee that it is xxx hope he'll be ok xxxxx

Sending vibes for your bun.

Did he accept the hay or treat you mentioned in your previous post? Also, is he looking uncomfortable the way he is sitting?

Thank you for your worry. He still isnt eating or drinking on his own. I took him back to the emergency vet and he said the bloat wasnt fully distended into his whole tummy. He said to carry so massaging him and giving the rescue stuff and fluids.

He also gave him a different pain killer. Ig has an app first thing and i will keep giving him fluids etc in the night.

Vet also suggested pineapple juice? Has anyone else heard of this before i go to tesco in the dark?

I'm so sorry your bunny is poorly, I know exactly how you feel, it's just awful :cry: yes if she has bloat then infacol helps a lot, the dose to give is 1ml per kg of bodyweight I believe. You can get it at the supermarket or chemist, it's for babies. Keep trying to get him to eat and drink, and keep him warm. I do hope he improves soon :( xxx

Thank you for your worry. He still isnt eating or drinking on his own. I took him back to the emergency vet and he said the bloat wasnt fully distended into his whole tummy. He said to carry so massaging him and giving the rescue stuff and fluids.

He also gave him a different pain killer. Ig has an app first thing and i will keep giving him fluids etc in the night.

Vet also suggested pineapple juice? Has anyone else heard of this before i go to tesco in the dark?

No I wouldn't give pineapple juice, the sugar in it might interfere with his tummy even more. Keep syringing him water regularly. But I would go to tesco for some infacol if I were you x

No I wouldn't give pineapple juice, the sugar in it might interfere with his tummy even more. Keep syringing him water regularly. But I would go to tesco for some infacol if I were you x

INfacol? What would that do for him? Would it interfere with the drugs the vet already gave him?

i always give matthew infacol if he has a dodgy tummy - infacol and a bit of a run round sometimes fix him without his needing to see the vet. and offering dandelion leaves can make him eat when nothing else will.

many vibes for you and your bun.

We took him back first thing to the vets an they have admitted him to put him on a drip for the day. She said his tummy isn't fully bloated and she has seen larger bloats than his pass so I'm not giving up just yet. We picking him up at tea time. My partner is taking the day off to spend with Betty bunny so she isnt lonely. I have to pop in but the project I am at is about a 5 min walk from the vets so I can check on him at lunch too. Fingers crossed and thank you for all your help :)

I called the vets at lunch and they said to pick him up at 630 and that their was no change. They are unstaffed over night but charge £60 quid for admissions?! I said he would be better at home where i can set alarms and check on him every hour and take to the emergency vet if necessary.

does anyone know how long do bunnies normally take to respond to drugs with bloat?

I called the vets at lunch and they said to pick him up at 630 and that their was no change. They are unstaffed over night but charge £60 quid for admissions?! I said he would be better at home where i can set alarms and check on him every hour and take to the emergency vet if necessary.

does anyone know how long do bunnies normally take to respond to drugs with bloat?

Have you tried giving him infacol yet? Did you ask the vets about it? Is he pooing at all? X

Back