• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

10th May. Update on Willy Fred. Post 13

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Dear little Willy Fred is having more dental problems, and so is staying overnight at the vets with a view to him having a GA tomorrow to see what needs to be done.

If anyone can spare some get well soon wishes and vibes for this dear little bunny I'm sure they would be appreciated.

Willy Fred's mummy and daddy are taking part in All Star Mr and Mrs tonight.

Fingers crossed for Willy Fred please and also for his mum and dad to win some money for their chosen charities.

Last edited:
Waiting for a phone call from the vets. When I rang them this morning they said that Willy Fred wasn't any worse, but also wasn't any better. Still needing to be syringe fed and really does need improve a little in order to have a GA and then have his teeth burred down. Poor WF also has an ulcer on his tongue which obviously is also causing him pain..:cry::cry:

Time is of the essence and both myself and WF's mummy and daddy are very worried for this charming little bunny.

Some more strong vibes would be appreciated.

Di. xxx

Waiting for a phone call from the vets. When I rang them this morning they said that Willy Fred wasn't any worse, but also wasn't any better. Still needing to be syringe fed and really does need improve a little in order to have a GA and then have his teeth burred down. Poor WF also has an ulcer on his tongue which obviously is also causing him pain..:cry::cry:

Time is of the essence and both myself and WF's mummy and daddy are very worried for this charming little bunny.

Some more strong vibes would be appreciated.

Di. xxx

Poor little thing :( I hope that he starts to feel a little better so that they can burr his teeth. Nena is currently suffering with a mouth ulcer (brought on by a swollen cheek from a tooth root abscess) and she is miserable, so I fully sympathise with the poor little guy :( Is he at DeMontFort vets?

Poor little thing :( I hope that he starts to feel a little better so that they can burr his teeth. Nena is currently suffering with a mouth ulcer (brought on by a swollen cheek from a tooth root abscess) and she is miserable, so I fully sympathise with the poor little guy :( Is he at DeMontFort vets?

Yes he is at De Montforts.:thumb::thumb: Claire is caring for him.

Poor Nena, it sounds as if she is in much the same situation as WF.:(:(

Has Nena been operated on yet?

Literally just spoken to Claire the vet who is looking after WF. She had to do emergency surgery on another animal this morning so hasn't tended to WF's teeth yet. But she is going to make a start right now.

Come on WF!!!!!!

Last edited:
The vet has just rung and WF is coming round from his GA.:thumb: There was a big spur on one of his molars and a large ulcer on his tongue.:p:(:( Poor WF, hopefully he will start to feel more comfortable soon and all being well he can come home tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for a good recovery.

Come on WF. :love::love::love::love:

Nena is being cared for by Claire too! Isn't she fabulous :love: I'd be a total mess right now if it wasn't for her treatment plan. She knows exactly what to do for every situation it seems!

I don't want to hijack your thread (there's a thread in health if you wanna know the ins and outs :D) but the basic jist is... Nena's lower left side teeth are all messed up and she has an abscess under the one furthest back. She had a GA where Claire found the abscess and she also has an ulcer on her cheek where the cheek has become swollen because of the abscess and she's been chewing it. She stayed in from last Friday night until Tuesday morning and she's been back here since then although she's really no better. She hasn't put on any significant weight... she's differed by up to 50g but as Claire says they can differ by up to 100g a day. She's on max dose metacam, baytril twice a day and depocillin injections (which I do at home) every 48 hours, plus as much syringe feeding as possible but she's still miserable because of this ulcer. Claire's been keeping up to date with her on the phone to me and she's going back Monday. It's hard having her at home and trying to coax her to eat but she's probably happier here. Trying to get some weight on her really but I know how miserable she feels with this ulcer bless her!

The vet has just rung and WF is coming round from his GA.:thumb: There was a big spur on one of his molars and a large ulcer on his tongue.:p:(:( Poor WF, hopefully he will start to feel more comfortable soon and all being well he can come home tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for a good recovery.

Come on WF. :love::love::love::love:

Poor WF :( It's bad enough when us humans have an ulcer... at least we understand that although it hurts like hell it's nothing serious and we'll be fine soon. Buns have no clue do they, and I can see why they'd be feeling utterly miserable when they have one :( Hope he's able to come home tomorrow, at least he should be a little happier at home the poor little man!

Back