• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Snuffles????

bunnymum88

New Kit
Morning All,

I wonder if anybody can help me.

My bunny Drake the last few days firstly started having little snuffle like sounds, which have now progressed to sneezing and a very wet nose. The vets open at 9 so I am going to get him in to be looked at ASAP but i was wondering if there is anything that can be done in the meantime to help?

I am not sure of the cause of snuffles we have had our two house buns over 2 years and this is the first time we've encountered anything like it, so obviously i am very worried :(

The only change to the house lately and them was they they were both vaccinated almost 2 weeks ago for Myxi and VHD, but a friend also brought me flowers (Lilys) as i I am getting married and i am wondering if maybe this has triggered the symptoms for Drake? We have since then binned the flowers and scrubbed and hoovered as much as possible to try and get rid of any particles that may be lingering around. Our lady Bun Evie is absolutely fine.

Sorry for the waffling, but if anybody can help offer any advice; or if anybody has been through this I would love to get some information :)

Many Thanks In Advance. :love:

Morning All,

I wonder if anybody can help me.

My bunny Drake the last few days firstly started having little snuffle like sounds, which have now progressed to sneezing and a very wet nose. The vets open at 9 so I am going to get him in to be looked at ASAP but i was wondering if there is anything that can be done in the meantime to help?

I am not sure of the cause of snuffles we have had our two house buns over 2 years and this is the first time we've encountered anything like it, so obviously i am very worried :(

The only change to the house lately and them was they they were both vaccinated almost 2 weeks ago for Myxi and VHD, but a friend also brought me flowers (Lilys) as i I am getting married and i am wondering if maybe this has triggered the symptoms for Drake? We have since then binned the flowers and scrubbed and hoovered as much as possible to try and get rid of any particles that may be lingering around. Our lady Bun Evie is absolutely fine.

Sorry for the waffling, but if anybody can help offer any advice; or if anybody has been through this I would love to get some information :)

Many Thanks In Advance. :love:

Sounds like what happened to my bun post jabs. :(

He has just finished a weeks worth of penG injections everyday. But I have been told by people on here that I need to take him back as a weeks worth is not enough. I hope that your bun gets rid of the snuffles easier than mine is, vet may suggest baytril for you, I would just skip this tbh as it doesn't seem to do much. But every bun is different!

Back