• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wasps in Bunny Shed

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Hello folks

I have a problem?

Every time I have been in to the bunny hut there are wasps.. I am terrified of them...
Are bunnies frightened of wasps. Are wasps a danger to bunnies?

What can I put in or on shed to repel the wasps?? I don't want to shed to become a wasps nest...

HELP!! please

Oh blimey ... I wouldn't want wasps in the bunny shed, but not sure how to get rid of them in a bunny safe way. Hope someone on here knows...

oh I know Susie... I am terrified... bless him, nearly trampled Smudge to death today in a blind panic to get out of the shed....

I suspect they are LOOKING for a place but I have tried to fill up gaps round the door but .. There's no nest there YET, I can only hope that someone knows what to do...

Thanks
Fee xxx

Are they in the shed? Covering up the holes is your best option. They'll get through pretty small gaps. You could make secondary glazing style panels to go over the windows/vents so the air can circulate but the bugs can't :)

Since they are in a shed could you hang something from the ceiling well out of bunny reach? A repellant or wasp catcher?

we used to always catch wasps in jam jars.. lol
Sounds silly but it's effective.. If I remember rightly you get a used empty (but not washed) jam jar and you put a bit of water in the bottom... you make a funnel type thing out of paper so the wasp can fly in but can't get out... and it drowns :lol: I know it's mean but I hate them! Also there's no chemicals with that method so it would be bun safe :)

we used to always catch wasps in jam jars.. lol
Sounds silly but it's effective.. If I remember rightly you get a used empty (but not washed) jam jar and you put a bit of water in the bottom... you make a funnel type thing out of paper so the wasp can fly in but can't get out... and it drowns :lol: I know it's mean but I hate them! Also there's no chemicals with that method so it would be bun safe :)

I might try this!

Oh god, I boked when I read this.

That would be my worst fear about having bunnies outside, but I do have a ridiculous phobia of them, the jam jar thing does work.

Just fill up all the gaps and is there not something out there that wasps naturally hate the smell of?

I'm sure a quick google search will come up with something, perhaps something to spray on the outside of the shed to repel them.

Hope your ok, id have had a massive panic attack! Xxxxx

Back