• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guilty!! :(

BunnyMomx2

Young Bun
So feeling ridiculously guilty tonight the bunsters have had their free ranging Sesh and its only the 2nd day here and they seem really confident :)

The guilty part the rabbits live in our lounge and although have a cage and pen my cat figured he can fit his whole paw through to the rabbits :| and honestly he's quite young himself I don't trust him at all so he's been banished from the lounge forever (least while the bunsters are here so for the forseeable fiture) so tonight I make a snack and he's sat in the kitchen with his big eyes miaowing at me and I feel so darn guilty :( I feel like I've betrayed him a bit - baring in mind he has the run of the rest of the house and can go outside whenever he likes..

Someone tell me I'm doing okay here lol am I mean? Geez I dunno what to do :|

Bunnymomz2, it sounds as if you are doing a wonderful job in considering what is best for your bunnies and your cat.:thumb::thumb:

The world needs more people caring about the welfare of their animals/pets.

You're doing the right thing :thumb: and whilst your cat may feel slightly confused initially, he'll soon get used to the new arrangement and he won't love you any the less for it.

You have to consider the rabbits' safety. Hope your cat gets used to the new set up very soon. I feel bad about spending less time with the dogs now that I have six rabbits to care for and a hamster!!!

You are just doing what's best for your pets so don't feel guilty! You know what's best! =]

Although you might find that if you let him nearer them they might all get along eventually with some supervision. My older cat Pasch arrived in our life after our two buns Snowy and Bilbo, and she soon became best buddies with them. I think she got lonely when she was a kitten and we were out so she'd hang with them instead =P. Pasch used to chase Snowy round the garden and then Snowy would chase Pasch. When Snowy died I found the other bunny Bilbo curled up in the hutch with Pasch grooming her... They would just sleep next to each other for hours.

My younger cat had never been around rabbits and when we got our two new buns she would alternate between running away from them and trying to swat at them. She can be quite aggressive sometimes so we were worried about the bunnies and did close supervised contact in the lounge with a couple of people at a time to watch out. We clicker trained her and got her to do 'sit' and 'stay' whilst the bunnies sniffed at her, rewarding her ignoring them with dreamies. She now plays with Foxie like she thinks he's a cat. Doing little pouncing things in front of him and then curling onto her side whilst he flops out next to her. They wear each other out and then lie down next to each other, and he starts to lick at her. She is a big nasty bully to my other cat, so the fact she's so good with the bunnies is a miracle. I even keep seeing her asleep on top of their hutch at night, like she's their guardian. Clicker training is a miracle! Any one who says cats can't be trained needs to see my Sachmis...

Back