• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Attacked Me

WalterWM

New Kit
My Rabbit, Walter is around 8 months old. He used to very occasionally nip/bite me when he was behind me or trying to get past.

A few weeks ago he started doing this regularly. When ever I am sitting on the sofa he comes over and bites my feet and legs. I went on the floor with him in case he was playing but he bites me on the arm and and feet etc

Then the other night I was lying on the floor and and he ran over and clawed at my arm and bit me. I was shocked . He then done this again immediately clawed at my arm several times and bit me again.

He is not scared of me I don't think as he lies flat out on the floor with his back to us and let's me feed him and rub his head and back.

He hasn't attacked me again but is still biting all the time.

Yes he was neutered around 2 months ago. The vet said at the time he was an angry bunny :(

oh dear :( i dont know what to suggest then sorry! maybe his hormones are just taking a bit longer than usual to calm down? hopefully someone more knowledgable on these things will be along soon!

I've just took some painkillers and am far too sleepy to reply to your thread properly tonight, but will do tomorrow. I had all this with my neutered boy Dipsy, he attacked me numerous times a day, had to have a thick piece of plywood to use as a shield when I needed to feed him, do anything with him, regularly went to hospital to be stitched up, the last time I went a nurse asked what kind of dog had bitten me, and I don't think she believed me when I said it was my rabbit :shock: Anyway, I decided I had to find a way to stop all this, or he would have to be returned, because he had started to attack my daughter as well, and I just couldn't cope with it all anymore.

Anyway, he is a fab little guy now thanks to 'clicker training' :D and has even bonded with my blind little dutchie :love: I'll continue tomorrow.

I'm wondering if a bunny friend would help. Nipping could be a sign of frustration that he can't communicate to you.

I'm wondering if a bunny friend would help. Nipping could be a sign of frustration that he can't communicate to you.

This. My bun was very stroppy because he was frustrated and bored. When I got him a friend, he mellowed right out and is much happier and relaxed now. :)

Back