• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

They cost me ££££ U/D new pics post 10

Mrsmcarey

Mama Doe
:wave: over the last 5 months Casserole and Dumplin have been slowly eating the hutch :evil: they have been living in the kitchen until the weather got better and they could go outside:roll:
18DAD8A6-D1FA-424F-99D0-6ACD8F4E0E74-711-000000CFC091157A_zpsa9f32cd9.jpg

5AD88CC8-0CEB-497D-BCA4-5CF662A32ADB-711-000000CFBC51F6BD_zps1d924ebd.jpg

Well yesterday I was looking on eBay at a 5 bird coop and 2.5m run for them nice and big and cosy too.

Popped out to buy a separate run was out for about 20 mins when I left the hutch was in tact, when I got back the floor in the bedroom part had fallen in:roll:

Casserole has chewed the support fully off:shock::censored:
null_zps89992026.jpg

Back out to buy a new hutch 2 weeks early, was going to put old one outside this week so they had a familiar house then put both hutches old and new and take away the old one repair and use it as a cupboard for the hay and stuff:roll:

£99 hutch £79 run £50 hutch cover total £230 plus bits and bobs
Just off to buy the cover now :roll:
So new hutch and run it the Bluebell Hideaway from P&H I think they like it, lots of room:love:
null_zpscd4edf8b.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good!!!,

Mine have developed a penchance for their run ... I hope it doesn't get as bad as your hutch!,!

Last edited:
Could you mesh the inside of their hutch (and any bits of it they can reach) to stop them chewing this one as well? They sure did a thorough job of the old one :shock:

:wave: over the last 5 months Casserole and Dumplin have been slowly eating the hutch :evil: they have been living in the kitchen until the weather got better and they could go outside:roll:
18DAD8A6-D1FA-424F-99D0-6ACD8F4E0E74-711-000000CFC091157A_zpsa9f32cd9.jpg

5AD88CC8-0CEB-497D-BCA4-5CF662A32ADB-711-000000CFBC51F6BD_zps1d924ebd.jpg

Well yesterday I was looking on eBay at a 5 bird coop and 2.5m run for them nice and big and cosy too.

Popped out to buy a separate run was out for about 20 mins when I left the hutch was in tact, when I got back the floor in the bedroom part had fallen in:roll:

Casserole has chewed the support fully off:shock::censored:
null_zps89992026.jpg

Back out to buy a new hutch 2 weeks early, was going to put old one outside this week so they had a familiar house then put both hutches old and new and take away the old one repair and use it as a cupboard for the hay and stuff:roll:

So new hutch and run it the Bluebell Hideaway from P&H I think they like it, lots of room:love:
null_zpscd4edf8b.jpg

Just off to buy the cover now :roll:

For 250 you could get them a huge chicken coop, shed or dog kennel of eBay, I don't think pets at home make there stuff from the best wood! X

The hutch is quite good no ledges to chew :lol: well so I thought :evil:
1 night in the hutch bedroom corner :roll:
null_zps7cbf9d6b.jpg

They started on the run within half hour:censored:
2 days in the run :roll:
null_zpsd83c64fe.jpg

Apparently there is an anti chew spray :? But I am not sure I want to use it :oops:

Last edited:
For 250 you could get them a huge chicken coop, shed or dog kennel of eBay, I don't think pets at home make there stuff from the best wood! X

Mine like it :roll: well eating it, no cost was £99 hutch £79 run £50 hutch cover total £230 plus bits and bobs

:shock: Very impressive chewing ... I suppose it will keep their teeth worn down...

The new set-up looks good, hope they don't destroy it too quickly.

Has Stu shown any interest in his garden neighbours?

:shock: Very impressive chewing ... I suppose it will keep their teeth worn down...

The new set-up looks good, hope they don't destroy it too quickly.

Has Stu shown any interest in his garden neighbours?

Oooh yes and he is not happy at all :shock:

If I touch babies then try to go near him it's a full attack bunny, frightens the life out of me :oops:

But now they are outside bunnies hope he will calm down then the runs can go closer together to see if they can be friends and eventually all link together:thumb: as a happy family :D

Could you protect the wood by attaching some mesh to it? I've seen that done on some of the housing pictures on here, might be worth a go?

Could you protect the wood by attaching some mesh to it? I've seen that done on some of the housing pictures on here, might be worth a go?

I may have to :evil: they have apple sticks chew sticks hay straw and various other toys they haven't yet broken:roll: but prefer the wood might just put the old hutch in the run and let them finish it off :lol: not really :?

Back