• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dwergs :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Mini Rexes crossed with Netherland Dwarfs to create a 'new type of Rex Rabbit'

Snub nosed Rexes

:cry:

Some will be lops too

Why ?

:(

I can see the lop having lots of teeth issues, that face shape just doesn't seem quite right somehow :?

But I have to say that I think the Rex x nethie is very cute. I would never contemplate getting one (unless from rescue) but I'm curious if you predict any particular weaknesses from that mix?

Edit - maybe something spinal? The hip conformation looks odd, though he might just be sitting funny!

:(

I can see the lop having lots of teeth issues, that face shape just doesn't seem quite right somehow :?

But I have to say that I think the Rex x nethie is very cute. I would never contemplate getting one (unless from rescue) but I'm curious if you predict any particular weaknesses from that mix?

Edit - maybe something spinal? The hip conformation looks odd, though he might just be sitting funny!

My guess would be dental problems with the nethie/rex breed too. The face is very squashed/short :(

What do people actually get out of doing this? I can't see the appeal myself :(

Dental, heart sore hocks.
Looks like there may be spinal and or hip issues.

This is horrible man.

And that poor lop. Urgh.

its the same reason why people like dogs such as pugs or bulldogs and even certain breeds of fish the squashed face is appealing , never mind that the animal is actually deformed bloody humans again stepping in and creating something that will potentially make them more money...:roll:

Shakes my head in despair. I already know what its like to have a nethie and lop with dental problems, but to breed them with a snub nose is only going to make life a misery for many of these poor buns.

Look what has happened with the British Bull Dog, poor dogs can hardly breath.

As well as all the problems this could bring with regards to the health of the 'Created Rex Breed' what about all the culling of 'not quite right' kits

I just dont understand why anyone would want to pursue such a thing

I guess it is simply because they want to and because they can

Seems a bad idea to me, but then again I don't like any of these cross breed dogs etc either.

People give them these silly names like 'jugs' and 'labradoodles' and seem to think it makes them seem cute and appealing when in fact they are just cross breeds, the same goes with 'lion-lops'. They're all just expensive mongrels and crosses! :lol:

Poor animals, I know from my dwarf lops the trouble that these created breeds can have. They may look cute but I wish people would think before breeding problems into animals.

Oh my Lord, that poor loppy! :cry::cry::cry:
How animal suffering has become such a favorite pastime of man I have no idea.
I love my lop, Mimzy, but there is not a day I don't weep for the problems he has due to his breed.

Ditto with Jenna, my Yorkie, who has dysfunctions like reverse sneezing/collapsing trachea, luxating patella/spinal issues and now vascular problems that are brought on by how poorly the internal organs are formed in small breed dogs like her.

The unconditionally loving souls of voiceless creatures trapped in deformed flesh prisons...it's enough to send me over the edge sometimes. :evil::censored:

Breeders here are importing them from The Netherlands too

Like we are not already over-flowing with Rabbits

How can people be so blind??
Even if you tell them about the rescue situation they still don't seem to care, and argue that people will always want to buy from breeder's rather than rescue as if it's a good thing to go to a breeder.

And people doing it as a 'hobby' boils my blood.

Why not rescue if you have so much space and time and money rather than trying to exploit innocent animals.

Are we the only ones who care?

How can people be so blind??
Even if you tell them about the rescue situation they still don't seem to care, and argue that people will always want to buy from breeder's rather than rescue as if it's a good thing to go to a breeder.

And people doing it as a 'hobby' boils my blood.

Why not rescue if you have so much space and time and money rather than trying to exploit innocent animals.

Are we the only ones who care?

Quite quite quite

Back