• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies not happy in run?

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
I have built a playhouse aviary setup which is split down the middle for my two pairs. It is a solid partition inside and wire partition in the aviary. Since this was built I hardly ever see the bunnies outside. I know they are aware of the other pair as they are all territory marking and weeing outside. What I don't see is the bunnies laying out enjoying the fresh air or sun.

Do u think a better partition would make each pair more comfortable by not seeing over the other side? Ideas please!

I am not sure, My bunnies appear to prefer the shed.... hOWEVER. since I also attached the hutch as well, they haven't been in shed much at all... The hutch is actually too small but they seem to love it..

Perhaps they are comfier or just feel safer in the meantime.....

Probably useless but didnt want to read and run

Im really not sure, but sounds like it would make sense to me. Sorry im not much help but just wanted to reply as it is frustrating having no responce to a post :wave:

I have built a playhouse aviary setup which is split down the middle for my two pairs. It is a solid partition inside and wire partition in the aviary. Since this was built I hardly ever see the bunnies outside. I know they are aware of the other pair as they are all territory marking and weeing outside. What I don't see is the bunnies laying out enjoying the fresh air or sun.

Do u think a better partition would make each pair more comfortable by not seeing over the other side? Ideas please!

I have indoor buns so I can't comment a whole lot, but I have friends with outdoor buns. Their rabbit don't spend a lot of time outside, they seem to prefer sitting in their shed/wendy house and looking out of the window. :lol:

Perhaps a solid partition would help, but maybe put things out there that will interest them. Some nice noms or a new hidy hut or something?

mine have a shed and aviary but spend most of their time in their 4ft hutch which is in the run :roll: don't forget that rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk :thumb:

How strange! I've just spent ages attaching a tube into my bunnies cage (4 of them) to a large run, and the same thing happened! I thought they'd be out all the time but they still mainly stay in their hutch :shock::! They can all go down the tube easily but seem to like snuggling up together instead of going in the run :love:

I could cry.... honestly.... Willow spends hours in the hutch.... Smudge wanders about... Typical really that the shed is left totally redundant!!,!

I tempt them into the shed but No, they go back into the hutch...

Aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh!!,!,!, Frustrating....

Worth a try I would have thought. You could just start off with some cardboard or something to see if it makes any difference.

Back