• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housebun won't go outside!

bunkin

Warren Veteran
He has been housebun for past 8 weeks and is very happy, first time we have seen happy bunny flops in the nearly 3 years we have had him.
He refuses point blank to go outside even with the doors wide open. He will stand with his front paws on the steps but thats it even if I am outside sat on the floor with treat in my hand!
We have large sliding doors so on day like today they are wide open and its like being outside anyway and lots of fresh air.
Maybe he is frighened we won't let hm back in again!!!

I've got 5 house bunnies and they all hate going outside so much and look so stressed, that it just becomes a pointless exercise trying to force them out. I've tried picking up and carrying out further, but then when I go to put them back down, they just scratch me to bits trying to scrabble back up my arms. Makes me laugh though when they go back inside and race for the bed, settee, and when it is hot I put fans on for them, ice cubes in their water, and they have their own flannels to wet their ears to keep them cool, so as I'm typing this it's all starting to make sense as to why they hate the great outdoors :lol: :lol: :lol:

:)I've got the fan at the ready for summer, says she hopefully. hadn't thought about ice cubes in water bowl:thumb:

They know when they are well off don't they!

One of mine won't go outside either :lol: I've tried a few times, he just hates it.

I have it the other way around, I can never get Benji to come back in. :lol:
He loves it so much outside, he hides in the bushes when he knows I want to bring him inside. :lol:

:)I've got the fan at the ready for summer, says she hopefully. hadn't thought about ice cubes in water bowl:thumb:

They know when they are well off don't they!

My bunnies are overly fussy about very cool, fresh water, so ice cubes are very popular and one of my buns will only drink a lot with a bit of orange squash in his bowl :roll:

Back