• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need to find a solution

Rufus

Mama Doe
Otherwise it's going to be solitary confinement for this boy at night.

Caitlyn wonders what Bodhi has done

Behind the hutch...

I just don't know how he manages to get out every night, but it's not funny anymore. I also worry he's going to eat plants he shouldn't.

i think the only solution is paving slabs and bricks, with an area left for digging.

no no, you don't understand, it's not a matter of preventing digging. I need a solution to keep him in his own run, but it's very difficult after the rearrangements we had to make.

Is that his hutch?

You need to check over every inch of it. If he's getting out then there has to be an insecure bit (which is incredibly dangerous for him.) Paving under the hutch/run and bolts and padlocks on the doors would mean there'd be no possible way for him to get out at night.

Frenchies are strong and can jump very high. Is there anything he can push or jump over to get out?

Remember that if he can get out then predators could get in.:(

Is he neutered?

Mesh, then turf on top. Works 98% of the time for my little diggers (which include a wildie). I check the run twice a day & where there's digging - I put a 20kg weight over it until I can repair it properly.

I think you need to stand guard one night and find out exactly how he's getting out. Then you can go about stopping it.

If he's digging out then weld mesh covered in soil is a cheap and easy fix that would still allow him to dig.

Back