• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what type of harness is better?

shadow05

Mama Doe
I've tried scooter with a harness before but it freaked him out. So for his own good I stopped and took it off him. I think if I tried a harness that is more evened out like a vest that would be better and would be less likely to get caught on stuff.

I know you all think that they shud not have a lead and harness. But I think that if I could get him something that would be more comfortable then he won't struggle as much.

You've already tried one and he didn't like it, he's not going to react any differently to a different type.

Didn't you already post a thread like this when you tried the first one? You're only going to get replies of "Don't use a harness", as I'm sure you got before.

No the first time I had people suggest how to introduce carefully and what I shud look out for. I listened I did it in a same enviroment making sure that he didn't get caught o anything. When I try again I'll do the same.

When i tried last time he wasn't so much into being handle. Now he's better surprising a lot better. He actually lays on my cheat for a snuggle. He doesn't like to be carried but if U sit down with him laid on U he's alright.

Anyway this is all just me asking and wondering. I probably won't do it anyways.

No the first time I had people suggest how to introduce carefully and what I shud look out for. I listened I did it in a same enviroment making sure that he didn't get caught o anything. When I try again I'll do the same.

When i tried last time he wasn't so much into being handle. Now he's better surprising a lot better. He actually lays on my cheat for a snuggle. He doesn't like to be carried but if U sit down with him laid on U he's alright.

Anyway this is all just me asking and wondering. I probably won't do it anyways.

Your last harness thread was locked, so I doubt it was mostly people suggesting to carefully introduce it :lol:

is ther any reason to want to use a harness?, f he freaked out at last one, id not bother trying again and stressing him out :wave:

In my opinion the vest types are "better" but if he freaked out at one kind I wouldn't try another

oh right so it wudnt make a differnce then. Even if I was to try him with a vest harness. :( I was sort of hoping that a vest one would work better so I could walk him around garden.

Oh well thanks for giving me answering my question. :)

I'll just keep to my orginaly idea then.

Get puppy pen panels and then create a fenced off area for him that can be taken down as and when you want .
then watch as he zooms around binkying in the space :)

oh right so it wudnt make a differnce then. Even if I was to try him with a vest harness. :( I was sort of hoping that a vest one would work better so I could walk him around garden.

Oh well thanks for giving me answering my question. :)

I'll just keep to my orginaly idea then.

no it'll be the sensation of the harness around his neck/back that freaked him out and any harness will do that. Rabbits are prey animals so having something gripping their bodies could easily be a predator, and as it restricts their movements slightly they're more vulnerable to attacks, obviously being pet animals being attacked is unlikely but it's a built in instinct

Get puppy pen panels and then create a fenced off area for him that can be taken down as and when you want .
then watch as he zooms around binkying in the space :)

I agree.
Not many rabbits like harnesses. I tried - only once - my rabbit nearly broke her neck!

Back