• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

matt noticed today that ches has gone

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
i took them all out to play - maisie and eddie piggies in their run, and bisc and matt just hopping about as usual. anyway, matt and ches (piggy rip) had a close bond and would stay side by side either side of the run alot, ches would follow matt and get all excited to see him and do pops, and matt seemed to adore ches aswell.

anyway, when we went out, matt was looking in the run and he seemed confused. he then kept going inside and back out over and over and looking inside at the piggy cage and then back out in the run. :( he looked confused and then seemed upset. :(

inside the buns can't really see the piggies unless they are out for floor time and then matt and ches would watch each other.

it was just really sad to see matt realise. he definitely did know ches had gone. :( eddie and maisie came to see him next to the bars but he wasn't bothered :oops:

just made me sad - the first time we have all been outside without ches being there and it seemed wrong somehow. :(

Awww :cry: Poor Matt. It must bring it all back for you as well. I'm sorry. :(
It is amazing what huge holes such little creatures leave in our lives when they go. I am certain that when it comes to my animals, losses will be felt heavily between them as well as us. For instance, my wee tomcat will be very sad when he loses his older companion, even though she has treated him shamefully for the last few years. He loves her and will be lost without her. :(
You just wish you could take them in your arms and soothe them like a child, because you know that would also help you to cope. But sadly our bunnies are just not made that way. :(

((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))) for you from me and my clan. xxxx

it upset me even being outside for the first time without ches. having a bit of a down day about everything really. but matts ok now, just looked confused and sad for a bit. he guarded the pigs when they were ever outside. they really had a nice little bond with each other. they always tried to nuzzle through the bars but i couldn't let them much because of matts snotty nose.

why do such little things bring all the sadness back again? just being outside, seeing maisie in the run without ches. it just felt really strange. such a big part was missing. i don't do well with change anyway, but we were all together for ages - me and o/h, then us and the buns, and then the piggies aswell, and that was it for years. now it's all changed, a member of us is missing.

on a nicer note - eddie piggy had his first day outside and he was so brave! he was out the carrier, exploring, rumbling, eating the run :roll: and just seemed to happy. he even nuzzled maisie the longest he ever has before :love: he's a lovely little boy and as soon as he arrived, it felt like he had always been here. :D

Back