• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP!!! My parents are scaring my bunny!!!

My little Igneous is new, only been here for less than two days. People cuddled him all day long yesterday so we are leaving him alone for today. But, now my parents are washing the car and screaming, so he is terrified! I don't want to touch him, but he's so scared! And my dad said that if i don't stop complaining, he'll get rid of my rabbit!!! Please help me! I don't want to loose him...

Some people just have no consideration... how very selfish.... Perhaps you can sit with your bunny and speak to him and reassure him....

Poor wee mite, will be all over the place, just make sure he has somewhere safe to go to like a wee house or box filled with hay. A wee safe place...

Fee x

Some people just have no consideration... how very selfish.... Perhaps you can sit with your bunny and speak to him and reassure him....

Poor wee mite, will be all over the place, just make sure he has somewhere safe to go to like a wee house or box filled with hay. A wee safe place...

Fee x

Thanks, and yes he has a small house. But they handled him yesterday, and now he's really frightened and i think he's angry... I really don't want my little Igneous to go... Help...

it will take a wee while for him to settle, it's only been a couple of days since he has been with you... All you can do is make sure he has lots of hay and that he is eating, drinking and pooing.... It'll be a shock to his system.....

fee xxx

it will take a wee while for him to settle, it's only been a couple of days since he has been with you... All you can do is make sure he has lots of hay and that he is eating, drinking and pooing.... It'll be a shock to his system.....

fee xxx

Ok, thank you. :)

Incidentally, if he doesn't eat hay , drink or poo for any great length of time.. it can be life threatening as bunnies guts need food to work properly, if they don't eat, their systems can shut down with alarming speed.

just make sure he eats... I am sure you will get other advice from more experienced owners shortly.. I expect they are all out enjoying the sunshine... It's showery in Glasgow that's why I am on here!!

Fee x

I saw in one of your other threads you was thinking about bringing him into your room...?

I know someone told you to wait until he is settled but maybe as he is so unsettled anyway you could bring him in so it's quieter. he hasn't really had time to settle in the garage anyway as you only just got him.

Poor little mite, I imagine he's very overwhelmed what with the over handling yesterday and now all the noise :cry:

If you can move him somewhere more peaceful Id definitely advise doing that, and leaving him in peace with no handling for a good few days more :wave:

Poor little mite, I imagine he's very overwhelmed what with the over handling yesterday and now all the noise :cry:

If you can move him somewhere more peaceful Id definitely advise doing that, and leaving him in peace with no handling for a good few days more :wave:

I'm not aloud to move him into my room. My parents won't let me.

don't wind people up, at home, by constantly making demands on behalf of your rabbit. normal life has to go on. people here have rabbits even though they have toddlers (noisy), teenagers (noisy), husbands (noisy) etc etc. its life.

but for a new bunny owner, ... everything is stressful, wanting to make sure all is Okay for the new arrival. Its natural to want everything to be perfect.

It's all new and scary for him but he'll get used to people coming and going and noise, it will just take him time! It's great that you're so keen for everything to be perfect for him but don't worry too much, he will settle in :D I got a new bunny from the RSPCA a few weeks ago and she's still really nervous and jumpy but I know she's improving because she recovers more quickly :lol: Like Fee said, as long as he's eating hay and pooing he's probably fine!

It's all new and scary for him but he'll get used to people coming and going and noise, it will just take him time! It's great that you're so keen for everything to be perfect for him but don't worry too much, he will settle in :D I got a new bunny from the RSPCA a few weeks ago and she's still really nervous and jumpy but I know she's improving because she recovers more quickly :lol: Like Fee said, as long as he's eating hay and pooing he's probably fine!

Agree. My m/f rescue pair took a while to settle. My girlie still prefers to run behind the sofa at the slightest noise. As long as he has somewhere safe to hide away and you to be consistantly kind and loving to him he should be fine. :wave:

Back