• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried my rabbit will hate me :(

I recently got my rabbit 2 days ago. Yesterday my dad wanted to clear the garage out ( as that's where my bun lives) so I had to take him out of the garage. Today he is ignoring me and runs to hide everything I go to see him in his hutch.
My problem is that I told my family that they need to leave him be for a while in a quiet place for him to adjust. They didn't listen and are cleaning the car are running about screaming. My little bunny is so scared and I'm worried he will associate loud, frightening noises with me. I'd like some advice.

Would it also be better to move him into a quieter part of the house such as my room until he settles in a lot more and then gradually move him back into the garage?

I'm not sure and I'd really appreciate some advice, thank you :D

Moving him into your room sounds like a good plan. Look at the indoor housing thread on here for good bunny proofing/accommodation ideas. Best of luck with your new bunny friend :wave:

Back