• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly settling well but need feeding advice U/D binky!!

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Molly is doing much better now, she is eating her caecotrophs which she wasn't doing before (even at the rescue!). She has breakfast and tea when Olly does, but she only eats the yummy bits out of her muesli and won't touch my SS pellets at all. What can I do about this?? I really don't want to have to feed Olly muesli :( I can't just not give Molly the muesli if she isn't eating the pellets can I? Any ideas welcome. She loves kale, spring greens, carrot and she's had some mint too :D she is eating hay ok aswell.
At clean out time she becomes a terror, she really doesn't like me doing it! And as she is making such a mess I have to clean out the entire pen instead of just a corner :roll: she then spends the next hour charging round like a loony, tipping her box over and shredding all the paper again. It's like having a naughty toddler :lol: she really does act like a very young bun, she is meant to be 2 yrs 2 months :shock: Olly is coping very well, considering he now has a loony tunes bunny living next door, bless him :love:

Last edited:
Ie been trying to change my buns to SS but they don't like it and often leave it. More of it gets eaten if I break them into smaller pieces though. They are used to burgess pellets which are smaller.

Perhaps she doesn't realise that it's food :D

Glad to hear that she is doing better now :D

I would just persist, it's not unusual for them to be suspicious of new things, especially when so much else is new. I would just keep mixing them in - mix them in really well so that the smells and tastes start to intermingle -and keep plugging away. Dudley was the same when I first got him, it took about a month I think but one day a switch seemed to flick in his brain and all of a sudden he started devouring SS joyfully :lol:

It's possible that she doesn't like them, but I think it's more likely that she's just wanting to stick with the familiar for now. Good luck x

Molly is doing much better now, she is eating her caecotrophs which she wasn't doing before (even at the rescue!). She has breakfast and tea when Olly does, but she only eats the yummy bits out of her muesli and won't touch my SS pellets at all. What can I do about this?? I really don't want to have to feed Olly muesli :( I can't just not give Molly the muesli if she isn't eating the pellets can I? Any ideas welcome. She loves kale, spring greens, carrot and she's had some mint too :D she is eating hay ok aswell.
At clean out time she becomes a terror, she really doesn't like me doing it! And as she is making such a mess I have to clean out the entire pen instead of just a corner :roll: she then spends the next hour charging round like a loony, tipping her box over and shredding all the paper again. It's like having a naughty toddler :lol: she really does act like a very young bun, she is meant to be 2 yrs 2 months :shock: Olly is coping very well, considering he now has a loony tunes bunny living next door, bless him :love:

Hey :wave:
I'm glad to hear that Molly is settling in ok. :) April is absolutely fine with Benji, but she still won't let me or my OH even touch her. :(
She will come over and sniff us, but if we move or approach her, or even try walk around her, she will run off and hide behind the sofa. I feel a bit mean because my OH said to me yesterday that I got her more for Benji than for me, which is true. I did want Benji to have company, but I still want to grow to love April just as much as I love Benji. I'm just going to give her a lot of time, she isn't used to people and it is still early days.

She sounds absolutely delightful and a real character :roll: :roll:2 of mine have SS, the other 3 have Excel and really don't like SS, so would it be worth trying her on Excel or breaking SS up? It's great to hear you sounding much happier though :D :D

I always break up the ss pellets and changed Doughnut over from muesli. She had not interest either until I started giving her the pellets first and then once they were eaten then she had the museli! Now she begs for the pellets and loves them.

Pleased your little one is settling in.

Molly did a binky this morning! :love: i was cleaning out her pen and she let me stroke her a bit, and she was running round then did a big binky! So she must be feeling ok :D she is now ok with the tv, she doesn't hide when it comes on, although she doesn't like music! She is spending a lot of time now though trying to escape :shock: digging in the corners and rattling the bars. I think I'll have to let her out for a run round tonight, quite a daunting prospect :shock: but that might make her worse as she will know how good it is out of her pen! Oh what to do! Poor Olly just looks bewildered, like what on earth is she doing mummy?! :shock:

She sounds absolutely delightful and a real character :roll: :roll:2 of mine have SS, the other 3 have Excel and really don't like SS, so would it be worth trying her on Excel or breaking SS up? It's great to hear you sounding much happier though :D :D

Thank you :wave: i haven't had chance to reply to your PM, but it was very much appreciated xxx

Molly did a binky this morning! :love: i was cleaning out her pen and she let me stroke her a bit, and she was running round then did a big binky! So she must be feeling ok :D she is now ok with the tv, she doesn't hide when it comes on, although she doesn't like music! She is spending a lot of time now though trying to escape :shock: digging in the corners and rattling the bars. I think I'll have to let her out for a run round tonight, quite a daunting prospect :shock: but that might make her worse as she will know how good it is out of her pen! Oh what to do! Poor Olly just looks bewildered, like what on earth is she doing mummy?! :shock:

It seems like she is a lot more chilled than April. April doesn't like to come out near us yet, let alone binky. :(

I'm so pleased it's getting better though. :)

Good grief a lot of this is like my new bun Hollie apart from the fact that my two are together. She is only eating museli, Wagg, and she hates the SS Pellets. I put in the Wagg for her to eat and she eats it, but so does Herbie....he leaves the SS Pellets until later and then he eats those too!

Hollie keeps flinging up the water bowl and food bowls too! She also acts very young and she is meant to be about 2 or 3.

Hope the wee terrors start to settle down.

Wagg is what Molly is on too! :shock: she only eats the nice bits though, not the little pellety things in it :roll: what are you going to do? I do hope she calms down though, she's wearing me out! :shock:

Good grief a lot of this is like my new bun Hollie apart from the fact that my two are together. She is only eating museli, Wagg, and she hates the SS Pellets. I put in the Wagg for her to eat and she eats it, but so does Herbie....he leaves the SS Pellets until later and then he eats those too!

Hollie keeps flinging up the water bowl and food bowls too! She also acts very young and she is meant to be about 2 or 3.

Hope the wee terrors start to settle down.

Wagg is what Molly is on too! :shock: she only eats the nice bits though, not the little pellety things in it :roll: what are you going to do? I do hope she calms down though, she's wearing me out! :shock:

No sure what to re the pellets / muesli. If she won't eat the pellets then I am thinking the same as you, canny starve her! Even if I could get a pellet that they would both eat....might order a sample bag of something else.

If you mix muesli and pellets do they just ignore the pellets? So glad Mollie is setteling in a bit more. Binkies too - great. Hope she and Ollie manage to get together...

If you mix muesli and pellets do they just ignore the pellets? So glad Mollie is setteling in a bit more. Binkies too - great. Hope she and Ollie manage to get together...

My Hollie ignores the pellets!

Have just ordered some Rabbit Royale as that is meant to be good as far as muesli goes.

My Hollie ignores the pellets!

Have just ordered some Rabbit Royale as that is meant to be good as far as muesli goes.

Yeah Molly ignores the pellets too, although I think she may have eaten one or two today! :shock: fingers crossed.. If it doesn't improve I'll try rabbit royale too :wave:

Spenser was on Rabbit Royale when he came to me. It looked and smelt fab, but he inclined to selective feeding, and as a fussy hay eater really needs the extra fibre of pellets. I know quite a few people use RR with no probs.

How did Molly go with her pellets today? Hollie just did the usual, and then Herbie ate both like a wee gannet face!!!!!

How did Molly go with her pellets today? Hollie just did the usual, and then Herbie ate both like a wee gannet face!!!!!

:lol: still no pellet munching! :( does Hollie eat the little pellets in the wagg or not? Molly just eats the other bits, but there aren't many of them, so she must be hungry!

:lol: still no pellet munching! :( does Hollie eat the little pellets in the wagg or not? Molly just eats the other bits, but there aren't many of them, so she must be hungry!

Hollie does eat the wee pellet things in the Wagg, so I suppose that is a wee bit better than Molly.

And on another note, all these same sounding names is funny! Molly, Olly, Hollie :)

Back