• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice on Disinfectant that kills E.C spores

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
We are awaiting on Flopsy's results as he has been tested for E.Cunculi after his recent weight loss, he had to have a GA last thursday to have an X-ray , a dental and bloods taken. Unfortunately It has come back that there is something wrong with the kidneys and its suspected he has Kidney disease.

There is also a concern he may have E.C the vets are assessing two different types of antibody to ascertain current infection vs past exposure. If he does come back positive it will be a nightmare.

I am wanting to disinfect the shed, I have taken out the plywood that sits over the Ikea tables as I need to get off the urine stains as Flopsy has been missing the litter tray and now it is possibly covered with E.C spores so I am very worried about that.

Any recommendations for a cleaner that kills E.C will be greatly appreciated.

I was advised to use and still do one part bleach, nine parts water - leave it on for 30 seconds and rinse thoroughly with clean water.

We had a EC bun but successfully prevented a re occurrence and / or any further spread with this method.

Good luck :wave:

Back