• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you peel your bunnies veggies/fruit?

Bitzy-B

Mama Doe
OH caught me peeling some swede and some apple for the bunnies and thought I was bonkers (walked away muttering about whether Mr Farmer kindly peels the veg in his fields LOL) ........which got me wondering if everyone else peels stuff for em??

Nope!

When it comes to carrots I peel them and chop the tops off, the bunnies get the peel and tops and OH gets the rest! :lol: it works out nicely though as it means they get a yummy treat but never too much as carrot is so sugary :D

My lot don't get any fruit/veg that needs peeling so nope.
They get cabbage, salad leaves, broccoli, fresh herbs etc. So no peeling here.

Sometimes! If it looks a bit naff I do, and even pick out naff looking blades of grass if there are any in a bunch. :oops::lol:

I don't peel Julie's veggies/fruit but I do wash them really good and never give her anything that isn't good enough for us to eat.

Sometimes! If it looks a bit naff I do, and even pick out naff looking blades of grass if there are any in a bunch. :oops::lol:

:thumb:

yeah i do that too. I keep a mental standard of what's acceptable. It's a wee bit lower than what I'd consume myself, but I definitely go through the veg quickly to check for too much dirt/insects/general dodgy, yucky bits not fit for anyone's consumption.

I dont want them to fall ill because of something that i could have easily prevented! :roll:

and thought I was bonkers

Yes you are ;):lol:

I used to feed my bunnies/piggies tiny amounts of veg, fruit. Now I just throw in huge amounts of anything they can have. No washing, no peeling, never.

Back