• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Minor rabbit incident........

catpud

Warren Scout
I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I had just left the shed for a moment to get another frozen bottle (its very very hot here today) and I heard a bang coming from the shed. When I went in I took a quick look at them both and discovered that Lola was bleeding (not seriously but you could tell by a slightly discoloured patch of fur on her side) so I got a cotton wool ball to clean it up a bit, there was barely enough blood to make the cotton wool slightly pink and when it had stopped completely I took a look and it was literally a small scratch.
Now I'm not sure whether this could have been a slightly enthusiastic nip, or whether it was from Lexi's claws, she has been mounting Lola on occasions over the last couple of weeks, and feeling her claws they are becoming quite sharp.
Should I continue to keep them together as usual? They are not neutered yet but now the weather is warmer they are off for a checkup next weekend with a view to booking them in if all is well. I would hate to separate them but as I'm not sure entirely how the injury happened, I don't know whether it is better to be safe than sorry?
Any advice appreciated, thank you :)

Confused now, I have been back out and they were both flopped together side by side and Lola was grooming Lexi without her even asking for it, looks like it may have been a minor fall out, what do you think?

Confused now, I have been back out and they were both flopped together side by side and Lola was grooming Lexi without her even asking for it, looks like it may have been a minor fall out, what do you think?

Personally I would keep a very close eye on them, but not rush and separate them. But get them book in for a spay asap!

Back