• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please guide me in the right diection

Bunnymamma

New Kit
Good morning all. I need some assistance with the ridiculous prices for neutring rabbits. Pardon my rudeness I m new to this forum my name is Leah I have 18 rabbits, two were mine from the beginning, then got given four which was good, then one day multiplied oops xx

Good morning all. I need some assistance with the ridiculous prices for neutring rabbits. Pardon my rudeness I m new to this forum my name is Leah I have 18 rabbits, two were mine from the beginning, then got given four which was good, then one day multiplied oops xx
Welcome to the forum:wave:
Im very glad you have decided to get your rabbits neutered as its so important for all sorts of health reasons not just to prevent litters.In the meantime hopefully they are divided in such a way that there wont be a danger of any more babies arriving!
The only thing i can advise is to ring around different vets.However its also very important to find a rabbit savvy vet as many are not-i have found this out the hard way,and so if you dont know of one already if you begin a thread on Rabbit Chat section asking for a vet in your area im sure youll get help.
Sorry i havent really answered your question.Good luck

Last edited:
As you have so many vets should offer you a discount.
if i have this wriong then I apologise but reading this and your other post it looks as if your posts are asking members on here to help with the costs and I'm afraid that would be completely out of order.

If you cannot afford the costs you shouldn't have the pets and as it seems you have allowed yours to breed that is very irresponsible..again apologies if i have that wrong i'm only going on your posts.

You will have to ask around for discounts and save up maybe getting one done at a time or get in touch with your local rescue..where abouts are you as we can name some?..and ask then to take some of your rabbits. If you do this it would only be fair of you to offer them some money towards the costs they will face

Let's try not to jump to conclusions & make judgements on the situation when the OP has given very little information. :wave:

Welcome to the forum Leah. :D:D

Neutering can be an expensive business I know. Do you have anything you can sell on Ebay? Or at a car boot sale? If you ask in General Chat, people will probably be able to give you more ideas of how you can raise some funds too - perhaps have a look at some budgeting ideas to see if you can make your money stretch further as well & then hopefully have a little left over each month to set aside for neutering.

As hoppetylop already touched on, the main priority for now is avoiding any more babies I think. Are the bunnies in same sex groups? If not, then they will need to be split (assuming the young ones are old enough of course).

This week is Rabbit Awareness Week & lots of vets are offering free health checks, so it might also be an idea to look for one in your area. http://www.rabbitawarenessweek.co.uk/event-locator The rabbits can all be given a general check over and the vet will be able to confirm the sexes for you too.

Ty

I hold my hands up and say yes I made a mistake, I'm trying to justify my mistake, by getting them neutered, when I first brought them they were and still my babies I will not give them away only to be dumped else where, I've done my research on rabbits how to keep them for life not for few months and then so on. I will consider the eBay and Car boot sale and budget every penny for my babies xxxx:wave:

I would do it a step at a time. So a couple at a time, keeping those that aren't separate until they are done. most vets will give discounts for a lot of bunnies - mine certainly do. You are taking the right steps and it can be very daunting thinking about the costs but not only will this be helped if you do a couple a month, but that will also help with the after neuter care and attention they need. I find it hard enough managing a couple of poorly ones at a time so don't overface yourself. I don't think it's fair to ask for help on here as we all have bunnies with needs, though I might have misunderstood your post. Rescues have to neuter 100s of bunnies a year and rely on donations and the adoption fee. Whilst I understand that mistakes happen, you should only take on what you can afford. Have you thought about what the cost will be for vaccinating them all too? I do however think you are very sensible to be neutering them all. How do you house them all?!

I hold my hands up and say yes I made a mistake, I'm trying to justify my mistake, by getting them neutered, when I first brought them they were and still my babies I will not give them away only to be dumped else where, I've done my research on rabbits how to keep them for life not for few months and then so on. I will consider the eBay and Car boot sale and budget every penny for my babies xxxx:wave:

Its really commendable that you have done research and are going to look after them properly.So many people dont.
If at any point in the future your circumstances change for any reason and youre unable to do this,dont forget that a good rescue will help you to rehome them very responsibly.
It sounds though like you have good plans in place.Ihope your Ebaying and carbooting goes well:thumb:

perhaps if you have things to sell n ebay you can let us know on here in case there's anything anyone would be interested in buying?

Good luck with getting them all neutered and doing your research, I'm always learning more every day about bunnies :) xx

ty

Thankyou all for your lovely advise, i only wanted advise and not money from anyone sorry if my message came a cross like that, i would like to say thankyou to everyone god bless xxx

1, Car boot sale i will be selling my children s clothes and toys.
2, ive corned of a corner in the Garden and have made a little hotel.
3, i get free donations from the market left over greens
4, i get free saw dust from the wood seller,
5, i buy my hay in bulk from my local farmer,
6, hutches are being built from pallets for the bunnys
7, i will be posting photo's just getting the hand in using this site xx:lol:
I know you guys are curious how i look after them i hope this helps a little :love: xxx

Back