• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Giants and slow developments?

Snow-White

Mama Doe
I was told Giant bunnies develop slowly but can anyone give me a rough guide to how much slower?
Boo is 10 weeks now and we are on Plumb watch and want to get them off as soon as they land, so we can think about bonding, but i read somewhere someones rabbit was 9months before plumbage!
any guides when to expect?:oops:

Mine males were between 12 and 14 weeks before starting to get their plums. :) My vet would only neuter boys after 4 months minimum though.

Mine males were between 12 and 14 weeks before starting to get their plums. :) My vet would only neuter boys after 4 months minimum though.

taa hun, Is that because they are giants or is that for all rabbits?
As Molly was happy to do Oliver at 3 months old, but he is a mini:lol:

I'm sure I've heard somewhere that it can be up to 9 months for giants too but as I've not had personal experience with giants I'm probably not much help. :?

taa hun, Is that because they are giants or is that for all rabbits?
As Molly was happy to do Oliver at 3 months old, but he is a mini:lol:

My vet just found it safer. Not sure about whether it was just for giants as I only had giants. Frenchies will probably develop their plums later than smaller buns as everything is slower, but that also means that their hormones will come later (well, that's what I found with both my males and females.)

Back