• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do your house buns poop on the floor???

Mine do sometimes. It seems to be when they jump around or get excited about something. I think it must just pop out :lol:

Mine do yes. Most go in the tray but as Rabcat says especially when they get excited there seem to be a few escaped poops! I just pick them up and chuck them in the tray!

yep - normal. Sometimes Truffle leaves a neat little pile wherever she's been snoozing too!

bisc would never poop on the floor! :shock::lol: the only time they do is if they think they are missing out on something, haven't finished in the tray, and come flying out, kicking poops and bedding everywhere, and doing a poop as they go! :shock::lol:

All mine do the odd few on the floor, despite having a large, hay filled litter tray (underbed storage box) each :wave:

Due to ill health I've had to keep one of my outdoor bunnies inside this week. He's toilet trained to go in his tray, but for some reason he wouldn't use it indoors. He sat on the edge of the carpet and weed all over the wooden floor. I guess it's thoughtful...in his own way...

Due to ill health I've had to keep one of my outdoor bunnies inside this week. He's toilet trained to go in his tray, but for some reason he wouldn't use it indoors. He sat on the edge of the carpet and weed all over the wooden floor. I guess it's thoughtful...in his own way...

Bless him, at least hes saving the carpet! lol x

They both did when we first brought them home, even though they were toilet trained. I think it was a territorial thing.

After a few weeks it stopped and now they never poo outside of their cage.

Shimmer will only ever use her litter tray, but Charlie will poo in other places in the cage as well as the litter tray. There will sometimes be a little pile left behind in the spot he was sat in after having his breakfast. I don't know why some rabbits are more tidy and houseproud than others :lol:

Back