• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pooka - Stubborn little girl!

RavenMoon

Mama Doe
We got Pooka just over 5 weeks ago. She's unspayed, but both my boys are done, and after much deliberation and some input on her part I decided it would be a good idea to allow them to bond, then keep them close during the recovery from her future spay. The input from her was her running into their room and running around the pen they were in and sniffing at them.

We had a bit of chasing, but this wasn't violent, it was started by one of the boys sniffing near her bum and her running off, followed by them trying to chase her. Sometimes when she's in a funny mood it only takes one of them to move near her and she's running away binkying. With time Bilbo started grooming her, but she still hasn't groomed back, just demands them. Cloud has groomed her once or twice, but is often trying to get them back with gentle nudges, but she's too stubborn. They just end up laying nose to nose. They've all curled up together, and they aren't possessive over food, so everything seems to be going quite well, its just her stubbornness. I've tried treats rubbed on the head, but Bilbo cleans Pooka, and Cloud cleans Bilbo :lol:

Initially I actually thought that somehow she had no instinct to groom, until she started grooming me when I was cuddling her. So obviously in her eyes the ranks go Me, Pooka, Bilbo + Cloud + Boyfriend (all boys at the bottom of the pile :p).

It doesn't seem to annoy the other two, and I'm so pleased we've had no bonding problems, it's just quite funny.

Last edited:
Some bunnies just want to be head bunny in the hierarchy and won't groom the others! She's obviously just the boss :lol:

When I bonded my two, Lilly was young and unspayed and I did what you're planning and got her spayed later. Harvey did a LOT of humping, I've never laughed so hard in my entire life! Harvey also did a bit of chasing :roll: so I assumed he'd be the boss, but he was the first one to do any grooming too :? for the first few weeks/couple of months I saw him groom her regularly, and saw her maybe give him one flick with her tongue :lol: now however she probably spends more time grooming him than he does her :shock: although it's quite an even relationship of giving and receiving :D she still will not lick me though! I am obviously well below her in the rabbit hierarchy and must give out grooming and never receive it :lol: luckily I have Harvey to groom me :lol:

Your girly may stay as head bunny or maybe she'll be like my Lilly and decide she actually quite enjoys licking other bunnies! :lol:

My Ellie is the same. She'll demand grooming from Stephen but if he puts his head down she does the same and they just end up lying there nose to nose :lol:

Also, Pooka is an excellent name :D

Well since this Cloud has started occasionally giving her licks too, so she definitely looks like the boss to me. :p

Oh and the only problem with the name Pooka is that my boyfriend shortens it to Poo!

Back