• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Growing camomile

katie88

Mama Doe
Has anyone ever done this? I just saw one in a garden centre for £1 so just bought it and potted it, I'm assuming it's bunny safe but don't really know?! Didn't even know you could grow it in pots!

Yup it's bunny safe. I grew it in pots last year and it's regrowing this year. Just be warned, slugs and snails quite like it too. ;)

Brilliant, thanks! I've never seen it before. And thanks for the tip will do my best to keep it out of the way of slugs!

Camomile can really spread outside - I was warned to keep it under control on an allotment. It is pretty, smells nice and can be walked on - it can be used as a lawn for very light use.

Mine LOVE camomile. I grew some in my last house and it did spread a lot, but I like camomile tea, so everyone's a winner!

I grew some and it was really lovely and smelt so nice! I lost mine so I must get some more as it grows like a weed, which I need as I'm not great at growing things!:lol:

Back