• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am SO shocked..... BARC bunny leads Honeybunny astray

Tinsel

Wise Old Thumper
A while ago I adoped two rescue rabbits, Pascal from BARC and Falcon from Honeybunnies. Initially Falcon, who had spent about 5 years in a cat carrier :evil:, was a very well-behaved, compliant little boy, who was very good about going back to his hutch at night. Pascal, who was picked up as a stray, is totally uncatchable at night and runs round the garden as fast as a wildie, hiding under the shed if he feels like it. Recently these two have become friendly, which I was really pleased about, as Falcon has never had a friend here, and just used to hover on the edge of Pascal's group.

However.....

In the last few weeks Falcon has become more and more naughty about going in and night, seemingly because he wants to stay out with his friend Pascal. Last night, after chasing him for twenty minutes, I had to give up temporarily when he copied Pascal and ran and hid under the shed. :shock: I went out an hour later and found them both hanging out together trying to look cool and smirking about the fact they were still out when all law-abiding buns were asleep in their hutches.

I do not propose to indulge this naughtiness, and tonight will block the shed off before trying to catch Falcon, as he was not a rabbit I would ever allow to remain outside at night. He's 7 in June, quite slow (though not THAT slow, unfortunately) and is usually okay about being handled. Pascal, on the other hand is young, fast, and really stressed about being caught. He was previously in a hutch with unneutered males and was badly bitten before being released as a stray, so I really do need to let him have the freedom he wants, and he's enjoyed over a year of utter happiness already.

What I was NOT prepared for, though, was him turning Falcon into such a naughty boy! So I wanted to ask: is he the only naughty BARC bunny or are there others? ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Did you not read his certificate for his degree from the University of BARC? Nortiness is a compulsory module for all buns and Angie and Tracy ensure a high pass rate for all buns :lol:
Luckily Ori isn't especially bright and it went in one floofy ear and out the other so he's relatively well behaved ;)

BARC bunnies are notoriously norty!! George has nommed his way through my lounge and is now busy eating the kitchen. He has recently learned to use the cat flap so I have to be really careful to put the wooden barrier up or he can escape into the back yard and then outside where cars are parked.

Faye is pretty good generally but I adopted her when she was very young and I don't think she had been at BARC long enough to take her Diploma in Nortiness!!

Frangipan is in my bedroom at the moment until I can bond her with Hovis (this has been delayed due to me nursing Furby). She keeps me awake at night nomming her cardboard box and rattling the bars of the pen. She is a very noisy bunny. She is also very good at digging in her litter tray so the hay goes all over my bedroom floor.

My BARC Bridge Bun Bumble managed to bond himself to Molly and Dylan by somehow getting into their pen, despite being partially sighted. I never did work out how he did it.

BARC bunnies are wonderful - but most have graduated with flying colours and proudly hold their Diploma of Nortiness.

All I can say is :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've never had a BARC bunny but have read countless times of their nortiness.

I'd block the shed now though so they don't try and out smart you by going under earlier and earlier.

I will write to Angie and complain as cannot have a Honeybunny's character tarnished:shock:.........:lol:
Actually it is nice to know there is life in Falcon still..good on him! please give him a cuddle from me..once you've managed to get him! :lol:

:shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I suspect that Spenser might have had communications with BARC bunnies as he seems to get naughtier and naughtier. :roll::love::lol:

Hmm.. that seems to be a pretty conclusive body of evidence. As for BARC bunnies secretly contacting Spenser - it would explain sooooo much... Rhianna, it sounds as if they're wrecking your house room by room! :shock: Red Fraggle, you will have to hope Ori doesn't wise up after more tutoring!

I will indeed pass on a cuddle to Falcon, Jill - that's if I'm not too exhausted by the 30 minute sprint round the garden to catch him... He's 7 in early June and has more life in him than I do! :shock:

I will definitely block off the shed tonight before attempting to pick him up, but there's no way I'll catch Pascal - he's like lightning. It's amusing watching Falcon's funny ears bobbing up and down as he tries to copy him.... :lol:

Last edited:
I am thinking that the BARC norti bunny diploma is available through a correspondence course...:D and Holly and Sheldon are studying very hard to pass:thumb:

I love reading about buns that have had such a tough life, now enjoying themselves...bring on the nortiness:thumb:

I am thinking that the BARC norti bunny diploma is available through a correspondence course...:D and Holly and Sheldon are studying very hard to pass:thumb:

I love reading about buns that have had such a tough life, now enjoying themselves...bring on the nortiness:thumb:

Hmm... you may be right. I know from this picture that Pascal is computer literate...

pascal012.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, BARC bunnies are very naughty. Muchu (BARC bun) has managed to train his wifebun Phyllis in naughtiness, which I kind of expected. However, I hadn't realised that he would also train our other two, Mavis and Dilys, in naughtiness despite NEVER being allowed anywhere near them! I have no idea how they do it... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think Spenser might have done the naughtiness correspondence course. He is either being naughty or in the huff. Is thier a huff module bunnies can take?

I think Spenser might have done the naughtiness correspondence course. He is either being naughty or in the huff. Is thier a huff module bunnies can take?

I think there must be. George gets very huffy when I remove him from the back yard (after he has escaped through the cat flap) and put him back in the kitchen. He also gets huffy when I stop him nomming my internet cable (he has already chewed through three small ones and two bigger ones).

I think Bluesmum's Marnie has done the BARC Diploma in Nortiness correspondence course too:):)

My BARC bunny has NEVER been naughty. :shock: Come to think of it, he never spent any time with Angie and Tracy, but with Barbara, a fosterer for BARC. :? Draw your own conclusions! ;):p

ooooooooooohhhhh goodness .... :shock: :shock:
norty Pascale
:?

I think it might be Franc who has set up an on line course ... he spends ages on his pc but looks shifty and logs off when I go near :?:roll:

:lol:

My BARC bunny has NEVER been naughty. :shock: Come to think of it, he never spent any time with Angie and Tracy, but with Barbara, a fosterer for BARC. :? Draw your own conclusions! ;):p

Ori is well behaved (other than chewing the cat flap) and he was at Tracy's *points finger at Angie and runs* :lol:

Paddington :shock: Paddington :shock: Paddington :shock: Not naughty, but VERY, VERY silly, so he obviously passed that particular module with a distinction :thumb: Every night when I go to bed, he jumps on the bed and runs up and down under the duvet, and nips my feet or head butts them. Actually, I think he has just begun the 'Naughty Bunny' module, as had a really expensive memory foam mattress topper delivered and left it propped up in the hall, unwrapped. When I came back from weekly shop, it was laying down on the floor and is pretty much ruined, as Paddington had great fun digging in it, biting chunks out of it, weeing all over it :shock:, and it has like big craters in it now. Also, when him and Buster have chunks of pear in their daily fresh stuff, he gets it all and puts it in a corner of their room, AND last night when Buster was enjoying a piece, he actually snatched it out of his mouth and stashed it in the corner :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tobermory and Banoffie Pie (both BARC bunnies) are currently digging a veeeerrryyyy big burrow under the lawn.
Apparently, I am not to notice the big pile of soil creeping down the garden :roll::love:
Or that Noff is eating all the new leaves off the raspberry canes. And that I no longer have a holly plant, or lavender plants!

Back