• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit shed flooring

MrsDownTheRabbitHole

Warren Scout
hello everyone, I have a 10ft x 8ft summerhouse, which my bunnies live in and I am looking to change their flooring. I have tried the on woodshavings but it got really dusty and messy, plus cost a fortune (that's a lot of shavings!) I then over the winter had fleeces and blankets down, however I found their toenails had started to get a bit long, I didn't really want to clip them myself so I hoped that they would wear back down if I took away the blankets. They did but the floor now gets very cold at night. I have also tried carpet but that had the same problem as the blankets. Also I looked at lino but im not sure how easy it will be to keep clean (I don't clean the kitchen or bathroom so have no idea) also can you get cheap lino? thanks for any answers about the lino or their toenails or your rabbit shed's floor xxx

hope the image works (it's the best one of the bare floor I could find)

mqdefault.jpg

we have ours lino'd, and that's definitely what I'd advise. Look out for some that's very non-slip (like has a texture) or they might not be very comfortable on it. I have to have washable doormats down to stop mine slipping.

I'm going to try putting a paving slab under the water bottle in the hopes it will keep their claws down a little bit, but I think claw clipping is inevitable from time to time.

we have ours lino'd, and that's definitely what I'd advise. Look out for some that's very non-slip (like has a texture) or they might not be very comfortable on it. I have to have washable doormats down to stop mine slipping.

I'm going to try putting a paving slab under the water bottle in the hopes it will keep their claws down a little bit, but I think claw clipping is inevitable from time to time.

I would like lino, my rabz are due in at the vets soon so I will ask about their claws then but their claws have been fine for the last 2 years we have had them

I bought vinyl floor tiles from B and Q, they were really cheap, box of eight for about two quid. And also have sticky backs so easy to fit. They are also quite easy to cut to size too. They are slightly textured so not too slippy :)

I bought vinyl floor tiles from B and Q, they were really cheap, box of eight for about two quid. And also have sticky backs so easy to fit. They are also quite easy to cut to size too. They are slightly textured so not too slippy :)

I have looked and they seem good, how many packs would you say I would have to buy for an 10ft x 8ft summer house (I suck at math)

I have non slip lino to, i brought it at b&q on a big roll, I can remember how much was on it but it covered the 6x4 shed with some left over. It only cost me £24 :) and it's really non slip, the bunnies have lots of grip and it feels really textured

Oh and cleaning it really is as simple as a quick brush to get rid of the hay and poo then a mop with warm water to get the rest. It takes me all of 15 minutes each evening :)

I would like lino, my rabz are due in at the vets soon so I will ask about their claws then but their claws have been fine for the last 2 years we have had them
Yeah, my lot were fine for the first 2 or 3 years but we've had to clip them twice in the last year. I don't think that we've changed anything so I figured it might be due to their age.

I have non slip lino to, i brought it at b&q on a big roll, I can remember how much was on it but it covered the 6x4 shed with some left over. It only cost me £24 :) and it's really non slip, the bunnies have lots of grip and it feels really textured

that's probably going to work out quite expensive once I have done the entire shed but if it's really good it might be worth it

I have looked and they seem good, how many packs would you say I would have to buy for an 10ft x 8ft summer house (I suck at math)

Hmm not sure, I bought them in store and they were all reduced to clear. If you have a store near you you could buy lots then return any unopened packs for a refund?

Hmm not sure, I bought them in store and they were all reduced to clear. If you have a store near you you could buy lots then return any unopened packs for a refund?

yes that does sound good and the cheapest pack I saw was 3.50 for 6 tiles, which isn't too bad but it doesn't look like it has much grip x

Back