• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a quad?!

I have 2 neutered boys who live outdoors in a converted outhouse with 24/7 run access. They have loads of space and are seem very happy. I went into p@h the other day and they have a bonded pair of does up for adoption, they are beautiful and look so sad in the small space they are currently in. The owner wants them rehoming as they have now got a dog and don't want the rabbits anymore. They are not spayed but if I got them they would be done asap. I know it is best to not bond them until after spaying but is it possible to successfully bond a quad?what is the best method?poor little buns need to get out of p@h asap!!

I would wait till after spay :) if you are going to bond a quad. Other wise they will all have to go to the vets as well as making the bonding harder with two hormonal females. Remember when you do bond (if you do) you might end up with four single, two pairs, a pair with two singles, a trio with a single etc. so make sure you have the accommodation :)

I bonded two pairs, but that's different I suppose. My does are not spayed. I just dropped them in a neutral area last week and they have been living happily together. I took a pic just now of the 4 together, but it's not very clear.
If you intend to spay the does, you could wait a while before bonding.

Succes!

Back