• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to do with a old sand pit.

les&bev

Warren Scout
hi since dash had his dental a few months back are vet ask us to give him as much grass as we can as it better for his teeth than hay.
Are back garden faces to the north so not much sun light, so we used some old sand pits to make grassed areas.

what are you doing daddy

nom noms

the front garden used for cropping grass every day
faces south so it grows very good.

les

Last edited:
Great idea! They look like they are enjoying it. My Woody has similar dental problems and the vet has also advised me to give him more grass time so I have just bought a runaround tunnel to connect his shed to the grass!

What a good idea, have you turfed the grass or is it just mowed cuttings in there?

could use those for growing my bunny weeds :thumb: instead of using the lawn :lol:

thats a great idea! we dont have a lawn so have been looking for ideas of how to add grass to the bunnies new run...i like this :thumb:

hi we used all turf for the front garden and the back garden , the turf is roll lawn medalian cost's around £3.99 a roll and is very good turf, dash and beauty love it.

will put some more pictures up tomorrow when i crop some more grass.

great idea! Someone should make a sticky with all the ingenious bunny ideas people on here come up with!

hi we had a good hour with dash and beauty in the front garden today, at first dash was not to sure as it was a big world out there in the front garden.
we got lots of bunny 500's, jumping and binkys.

hears a few picture

nom noms

mm this is nice

we are getting a nice crop of grass at the moment, well worth the effort.

les

aww looks great, have you put drainage holes in bottom of sand pits for water to drain from grass so it doesnt waterlog
bunnies look to have had fun :love:

Back