• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What does it mean ...

Freddie218

New Kit
What does it mean when your cuddling your rabbit and there ears are back on there body !?

What does it mean when there ears are up facing outwards!?

What does it mean when there nose is twitching fast
And slow !?

I have a lion head rabbit and when I get him out every day to every other day his hair by his eyes is always in his eyes :( I don't wanna have to cut his fur is there anything else I could do ?? X

How long should u cuddle a new rabbit for !? X x x

I have a Lionhead whose fur grows down into her eyes. It has to be trimmed or else she can't see where she is going.

Ears back can mean they are being submissive. Ears upright and forward can mean they are unsure of something ahead.

If you google The Language of Lagomorphs it will tell you of other rabbit behaviours.

Get him a friend! Bunnies need company.
And a wifey bun will help keep his hair in the right place by grooming him!

What does it mean when your cuddling your rabbit and there ears are back on there body !?

What does it mean when there ears are up facing outwards!?

What does it mean when there nose is twitching fast
And slow !?

I have a lion head rabbit and when I get him out every day to every other day his hair by his eyes is always in his eyes :( I don't wanna have to cut his fur is there anything else I could do ?? X

How long should u cuddle a new rabbit for !? X x x

1. It can mean they are scared or being submissive to a dominant bunny.
2. It can mean they're curious about their surroundings.
3. A slow twitching nose usually means they are relaxed, a nose will twitch quickly when they're excited/scared. If you can twitch your nose you might be able to have a bunny conversation, I can get Ellie to twitch her nose in time with mine, Stephen doesn't get it though... Silly boy :lol:
4. With regular grooming he may be ok but he may need it trimmed.
5. There is no set amount of time. My Stephen loves cuddles and will sit with me for a while but Ellie hates it and will struggle if she's not happy. You need to make sure your bunny is happy with being picked up and handled but you don't want to distress them either by forcing them to be held. Most rabbits do not like cuddles or being picked up and held, it's better to interact with them on their level.

Thank you for replying !

Ill have to check that website for bunny language

Mayb from now on ill be down at his level instead of on my lap so he is less intimidated by me x

Back