• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch Covers

DwarfBuns

Warren Scout
I just wondered what people cover their hutches with to protect bunnies & piggies from the weather? A few people have told me to use a blanket in the winter & some tarpaulin.. But I don't know how to attach it to the bottom of the hutch! I imagine it will be cheaper & more effective than using the proper hutch covers that cost around £50 & are 'shower proof'! So yeah, what does everyone use? :D

I use a clear market stall tarp which I got from eBay and got some bungees to hold it in place. I just put some screws in the right places on the hutch to attach the bungees. It's worked pretty well, and much cheaper than the shop bought covers (which iv bought before only for them to rip within weeks :roll:) In the winter I secured bubble wrap under it for extra insulation :thumb:

I have a hutch outside made by trixi and it has a special made cover for it. Which is really well made
Protects the hutch and keeps my little fur ball safe and dry. But thankfully we have nicer weather now fingers crossed it stays this way ! X x x

Back