• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When you adopt....

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
When you adopt a rescue rabbit you are giving an animal a 2nd chance
Often these poor creatures have been dreadfully neglected, some purposely injured :(
The rescue will have worked hard to get them fit and tried to help them lose their fears, the cost may have been great, not just financially but emotionally too.
When you decide to take on a rescue pet you also free a space for another one to come in to safety.
Rescuers lose much sleep worrying over the ones we cannot fit in and we know some die when we have no room to take them :cry:
When you adopt a rescue pet you may not get a cute little baby, but you will get a deserving soul, covered in fluff that NEEDS you.
Rescue animals come from all sources originally and no, we cannot guarantee the one you choose will have a long, illness-free life, but then neither can the breeder or the pet shop.
Here is Wish, who was dumped early in the year,. in her new home ( she is on the right)
pics like this make it all worth while :D

When you adopt a rescue pet you make a difference. You save a life

excellent post Jill ... sums it up brilliantly ... could you post it to our facebook page please ... we like to let people see that rescues need to work together :D

So so true..... I was the third home for Sophie and she was only about 13 months old
Shes turned into the most beautiful, loving girl Ive ever had.
She was called Trisha the trasher ... shes never trashed a thing since being with me

Everything with either fur or finns has come from some kind of rescue at our house. Its heartbreaking going and looking at all the gorgeous animals knowing you can only take one. Picking just one is soooo hard.

I would never take on an animal from anything other than a rescue or a needy cause.

One of my current cats was abused by a friend of mine and I took her for her own safety and severed the friendship once I had the cat. Shes now 15 and still scared of hands so we head rub each other with arms behind our back. Shes better with my husband as it was a woman that hit her, she tolerates me.

I support a local cat charity as cats are my first love with bunnies a very close second.

I think the rescues on here do an amazing job. The bunny runs are brilliant. I take my hat off to all of you.

What a lovely post.
We adopted Toffee, our female lop from a rescue and it was the best thing I have ever done. Rex and Toffee adore each other, she follows him everywhere. She is very nervous sometimes still, im assuming thats because of her past but she is the sweetest thing ever. I just cant understand how people can be cruel to animals.

Such a lovely post :)

People always tell me I'm not making any difference when I adopt a rescue animal but I feel like I AM!
Not only am I rescuing an animal that needs a 2nd change but I'm freeing up space at that rescue centre for a bunny that needs to come in.

I think all the bunny (and other animal) rescues are amazing, the people that spend their time saving little souls are all angels :love:

:thumb: Good thread, and nice to see happy endings for recue buns being shared. Also a very good point that adopting a rescue bun actually helps two buns, not just one.

Everything with either fur or finns has come from some kind of rescue at our house. Its heartbreaking going and looking at all the gorgeous animals knowing you can only take one. Picking just one is soooo hard.

I would never take on an animal from anything other than a rescue or a needy cause.

One of my current cats was abused by a friend of mine and I took her for her own safety and severed the friendship once I had the cat. Shes now 15 and still scared of hands so we head rub each other with arms behind our back. Shes better with my husband as it was a woman that hit her, she tolerates me.

I support a local cat charity as cats are my first love with bunnies a very close second.

I think the rescues on here do an amazing job. The bunny runs are brilliant. I take my hat off to all of you.

That's incredibly sad yet beautiful at the same time. I'm glad she's found a caring and understanding home with you.

:love:

Great post :love:

I am very proud of my rescue buns, particularly Mimi who was in a bad way emotionally when i adopted her and is like a different bun now :love:

They have all given me far more than I could ever give them :love:

Back