• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furminator??

For some reason i always end up with very fluffy pets! Our kitten is actually called Fluffy!!

Im thinking of getting a furminator for cat and buns. Our mini lops moulting is out of control, shes called Snowdrop but looks more like a snowball at the moment.

Does anyone use them on buns and what are your experiences?

Regards Dawn:D

Jaysmonkey on here used a furminator on her bunny and I think accidentally caused a huge tear in the bunny's skin :( After her experienced she warned everyone off of them.

I personally wouldn't use them as rabbit skin tears really easily as it and this thing looks like a blade with a comb. I would get a lint roller or hand held hoover to deal with excess fluff.

Last edited:
I've used them on my bun many times and he's been fine. I think you need to be careful though and not too forceful. Wasn't Jaysmonkey's rabbit and ex-lab and she thought that might have ruined his skin?

I also had a customer that use to use one of these, she used it successfully for a while but then found it was damaging the new coat that was coming through so stoped and never went back to it.

I've got one but find the £3 comb I brought from the pet shop better!
There also big and heavy and the edges are sharp and I think if your bunny made any sudden movement it could hurt them.

Great thanks for the comments , i was concerned that if i nipped one of them I could damage the skin. Think ill stick to brushes and combs for now !

regards Dawn :)

I've got one for my cat and it's absolutely fine for her and works really well - you won't believe the amount of fur that comes off. :shock::shock: I tried it on the bunnies though and they didn't seem keen & it seemed to drag on the fur too much so I now just use a small slicker brush or gently 'pluck' any loose tufts by hand.

i use one on mabel when her fur is really in moult, just gently, does her good, i wouldn;t use it on sox though with him being smaller, i started doing abt of mabels hair with the furminator then use the grooming brush from pah set, as that gets alot of hair out too, then i stroke my hands over her and she feels soo silky smooth and soft and smells nice :oops::lol:

Back