• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Miss Bunny Penny

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Miss Bunny Penny is 12, very old for a Standard Rex. She is frail now and she is on daily Metacam for arthritis. But all things considered she does very well. I have looked after her since she was 8 weeks of age :love:

I know that many of you already know much of the above, but I thought I'd post it incase any Newbies are reading this thread :)

Gosh 12 years,she looks great. :DI thought I did well getting my bridge bun Rio up to 8. he died a year past in feb.Horribly I have to say,he woke me up screaming and just collapsed.:(

she has such an understanding look. with age comes wisdom i suppose.

but i'm still waiting for mine!

She looks absolutely beautiful. Like a work of art. I didn't know about her history. Thanks for posting. I have always wanted to stroke a rex. They have lovely bone structure. They kind of remind me of belgian hares. :love:

What a beautiful lady she is! :love: She is a standard rex you say? What kind of size are we talking about? Fiver is my minirex and he is about the same size as Mimzy, my Holland lop...around a three pound range (although Mimz has gained recently) standing maybe 5-6 inches tall not counting ears?... and I remember thinking Lady Lydia was this enormous bun but when you held her she looked quite small.
I just don't think I've ever seen a standard rex up close. Mostly folks here breed the minis. (the sheer volume displayed every year at the county fair, which I now avoid like the plague) :(

Aww she's lovely :love: You do look after your rabbits so well Jane, it's a fantastic achievement to have so many happy rabbits that have lived to ages that are just a dream for some. :thumb:

Back