• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudge hates me...... but he loves the taste of my arm!

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Wee Smudge was looking sooooo bad, moult wise that I attempted to groom him tonight....

Attempted being the operative word... He sat for 2 seconds, took the most ginormous bite and bit through my deep fleece bunny jacket and has drawn blood on my arm!!

Clearly not amused,,, he ran away and sat thumping....

Any other suggestions to make grooming easier... I clearly failed!!,

Oh dear ... I know the feeling, literally. :shock:

Spenser has various brushes and combs, all of which he regards as instruments of torture and insults to his bunny dignity. He takes the 'do it myself' attitude to grooming, and will only let me get involved if he has a matted bit in his mane.

To answer your question, I find that a fair bit of excess comes off if I 'fluffle' his fur.

Oooohh, tried to do that but he's off like a train and hides in his wee box... He is a master of escape, his name should have been Houdini!!!! He'll hath no fury than trying to get fluff from him...

Oooohh, tried to do that but he's off like a train and hides in his wee box... He is a master of escape, his name should have been Houdini!!!! He'll hath no fury than trying to get fluff from him...

Spenser retreats to his bunker (box in crate) or goes under the bed and assumes his 'preparing to bite' look. :shock: You know the way they hunker down, front paws apart, and scowl at you... ?:shock:

Spenser: Way to go, Smudge! :thumb: When Mummies overstep the mark they need to be taught a lesson. ;)

Hi, I find if I put an old towel on the table in a different room, they can't jump off and it's alla bit strange so they sit quite happily to be groomed...well they do fidget after a while but I can get the job done !! No blood either :D

Back