• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Residential Care Home Breeding and Selling Rabbits ?

Perhaps I should put my name down to become a resident. I can get to enjoy all the buns without all the work. Maybe someone ought to point out to them there might be better ways of making some money. They could have a couple of residential rabbits so the folk could go and have a cuddle.

Can the care home residents not make toy bunnies and use the proceeds of their sale instead of real buns..it would keep them active and give them activities to enjoy. pretty misguided of the staff.....

It's a bad idea if you ask me. Well meant but I doubt the home have researched it and knowing the tight budgets of most homes I imagine they aren't vaccinated and doubt they'd pay for expensive vet treatment.

If they had some well looked after pet rabbits however, with staff designated to care for them, the residents would probably love watching them in the garden, a binkying bunny is a lovely thing to see!

Who actually makes profit from selling rabbits? They'll be in a loss before too long and the rabbits will suffer. :(

Oh dear... :cry:
How is a care home needing funds going to be helped by raising rabbits? Don't they get a stipend from the government? :(

Can the care home residents not make toy bunnies and use the proceeds of their sale instead of real buns..it would keep them active and give them activities to enjoy. pretty misguided of the staff.....

This would be a much better idea, not to mention the fact that it keeps the residents occupied much more then breeding rabbits does. Perhaps someone could write to them?

Back