• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny bonding

EBM

Mama Doe
So tomorrow is the day I'm taking my lovely boy to Rabbit Residence Rescue to meet his future wife bun! I've been so excited all week, as if its Christmas tomorrow! I thought I would document on here my experience and share some photos of the rescue and hopefully my boy Benni's new wife bun. Wish us luck ...

Best of luck with the wife meeting. Have you already chosen her? Look forward to seeing how they get on. :wave:

I met a few a couple of weeks ago, making final decisions on first, second and third choice tomorrow :).

Today is the day! Old hutch just got collected by a very nice lady, although we had to completely take it apart as her car wasn't big enough so I'm exhausted now! Can't wait for this afternoon, watch this space....:D

Arrived at the rescue and settled Benni down in one of the bonding sheds. And then set about deciding on his wife choices.

null_zpsf1917b57.jpg

Number 1. Ruth, helicopter ears!
null_zpsbff2b1f7.jpg

Number 2. Baby-Belle, beautiful giant cross
null_zpsc694e75f.jpg

Number 3. Melina, harlequin lop. I didn't manage to get a very good photo of her!

I hope Benni comes home happy with a lovely wife, just got home and feeling very sad as I'm now bunnyless for a week :(.

They both look lovely and I love harlis too. Hope he makes the right choice and they are well loved up by the time they come back to you. Happy bonding vibes :love:

Just had a text to say Benni and Ruth have spent the whole day together on the grass with no reports of fighting! :)

It all sounds very good! Think they will put them to bed separately tonight while they can't keep an eye on them. But I'm very excited, can't wait to see them all loved up!

Sounds like it is going good :)

I am 4 days into bonding my two.....been up and down really. I think things are going great then there is nipping. I have now moved their pen from my bedroom into the bunny room and all seems ok so far. Just need to steadily increase the space now.

Hope you get a super loved up couple back x

Aww Ruth is such a pretty little girlie. Love her ears too! Happy bonding vibes to them both :love:

Aww Ruth is such a pretty little girlie. Love her ears too! Happy bonding vibes to them both :love:

Thank you, just had a message to say all is going well and they are on stage three of bonding ( not sure what that is!) and ready to arrange date for them to come home next week :)

New set up almost ready! Just need to attach the tube to the new run, sadly it just doesn't quite reach when the run is against the fence which is a shame so will have to pull it forwards a little for now. Expecting the newly weds on Wednesday :)
null_zps0cf7eb46.jpg

Benni is being his normal self as he obviously knows he's home. Ruthy has been quiet and does sometimes run away and grunt when Benni approaches her. She was spending most of the time sitting still in the corner keeping out the way but is now slowly starting to come out of her shell and munch some broccoli. Hopefully she just needs a few days to come out of her shell and gain confidence. She hasn't gone out in the run yet but I thought I'd leave them access to it for tonight so they can get away from each other if they want to

Back