• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Buster Here a Lionhead

Jojo123

Mama Doe
All the ones ive seen seem to be fluffy?....

Here he is when he was about 5 months old

This is not the best pic but you can see his fur is long and not fluffy

he has a big head main like lion heads, maybe a lionhead cross with something

im sure someone with more knowledge will give you a better answer tho x

Thanks :wave: I got him from Pets at Home (im sorry people but i didnt know any better when i got him) So he could be anything i guess! Aww my little baked bean

My lionhead looks like that, they can have the long fur instead of being really fluffy, I'm just not sure about the color, though I haven't really looked into lionhead colors.

He's definitely got a lot of Lionhead in him but I find PAH rabbits are mostly crossbreeds.. Don't apologise for getting him, he is still a rabbit that needs a loving home.

When I got Rufus, it was because of the fluffy hairs :lol: He still has some but he's not a lionhead. His GF Rosie Lee was a lionhead lop and she was very fluffy.
Your bunny is a cross breed but that doesn't matter really, he's cute.

Thanks peeps! I dont really mind what breed he is was just wondering as he very diff to his lionhead friend. I picked him for his cute cheeky face and cheeky he is :D He was "helping" me fold the washing last night, by help i mean he was trying to pull the clothes through the gaps in the basket for me! Never thought rabbits had so much personality :love:

My Peaches was described on her vet paper as a lionhead but she is not long haired on her body at all.
20130422_194839_zpsdceeb32f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Excuse the rather shabby looking cardboard floor.

Yours looks ever so beautiful :love:

My Peaches was described on her vet paper as a lionhead but she is not long haired on her body at all.
20130422_194839_zpsdceeb32f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Excuse the rather shabby looking cardboard floor.

Yours looks ever so beautiful :love:

Lionheads don't have to have long hair on their body, especially as the majority out there have been crossed at some point with another breed.

Ginger, in my sig, is actually a lionlop, but has NO signs of lionhead, but we know the genes there - you should see her brother, total fluffball.

He's Lionhead cross - the Lionhead gene is dominant so will show quite strongly in lionhead crosses.

This is Harley - she is a pure Lionhead - you can clearly see the mane around her flanks as well as her head - the small ears, head and small build. We got Harley from a breeder (yes boo and hiss but the breeder is very respected etc - wouldn't do it again though). She is in full winter pelt in my signature photo.

So your boy has Lionhead in him for sure but other bunnies as well.:thumb:

Doesn't matter really - he is gorgeous and beautiful!:love:

Thanks, i think he is gorgeous too! I see Peaches has splashes of that blue colour, Buster has that too. I love the pictures of all your bunnies they are all gorgeous it makes me want loads of bunnies, but two are enough for me :D
I got Bella from a breeder and looks like Harley with the short nose,ears and fluffy face! Buster has bigger ears and a longer face. I wish i got a rescue bunny now and not a baby from a breeder, think Buster would have liked an older bunny as Bella Keeps trying to hump him so have had to keep them apart until i can get her done. The breeder said they would be fine but think from what people have said on here is not a good idea to bond before they are both done, i can see why now and i think the breeder may have known that. xx

Back