• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help needed please! Big fight!!

Suzyjo

Warren Scout
Well as some of you may know I've just had my two pairs bonded into a quad, everything was going fine.. Just the odd chase between Millie and Spice..

Heard a bit of a commotion going on in the bunny room, just left it because it normally calms down itself after like a second but this didn't so I ran in and found Dylan and Humbug locked in a proper fight.. :cry:

I managed to separate them, currently Humbug is in a separate carry case outside the enclosure, because he was the one that seemed to be going over to Dylan and trying to start things off again

I've checked Humbug over and he's fine, checked Dylan and he's got some blood on his back. :cry: Haven't quite had a proper look because he's so stressed he just kept running away, going to leave him to calm down a bit and then have a proper look.

But what do I do now? Please help

Sorry if this makes no sense I'm not very good at explaining things..

Last edited:
Please can anyone help? I'm stressing out and actually feel like bursting into tears..

I've got no idea what to do, I've just tried putting Humbug back in and they just started fighting again.. :cry:

Are they both boys? I think after a big fight like this I would separate back into pairs, you could try putting them back into a neutral small space and starting bonding again but I think I'd just separate, sorry I know just how stressful it can be

Yeah they are both boys..

I've took Millie and Humbug out and they are in a temporary set up in the front room until I can separate their room into two pens again :(

Suzy.. Sorry I can t give advice but I feel for you, it is sooo stressful!!!!

Good luck

Are they both boys? I think after a big fight like this I would separate back into pairs, you could try putting them back into a neutral small space and starting bonding again but I think I'd just separate, sorry I know just how stressful it can be

So sorry to hear this - I know how upsetting it is for you as well. I think this is probably the best advice for now unless you can literally sit with them through the night.

I hope Dylan is okay.

I so sorry that I don't know how to advise you xx

Thanks guys, I've never seen rabbits fight before and oh my god I never want to again, was horrible :(

What was the space they were in when they came back from fat fluffs?

I kept them in the carrier I brought them home in for a few hours and then gradually increased the space. When the fight kicked off they had about half the room, the same as pretty much all day yesterday..

I've moved too fast haven't I.. :(

I think so :( Leo and Ellie are in a 2x2 puppy pen atm, will probably extend on Saturday though. When you get them back together I would keep it really small for at least 2/3 days (with no squabbles) just to make sure x

I think so :( Leo and Ellie are in a 2x2 puppy pen atm, will probably extend on Saturday though. When you get them back together I would keep it really small for at least 2/3 days (with no squabbles) just to make sure x

Oh no, so I've messed things up :( I honestly don't think I can put them back together after seeing that, it's really shook them all up.. Me included! They're all so nervous now :(

Oh no, so I've messed things up :( I honestly don't think I can put them back together after seeing that, it's really shook them all up.. Me included! They're all so nervous now :(

Did fat fluffs explain it to you? I wasn't with my bf when he picked them up but he was told to gradually increase the space over a few days if they were okay. I guess with a quad it would take longer because instead of 1 rabbit asserting dominance, they're working it out between the 4 of them.

Maybe when everything has calmed down you can try again :( and keep them in an indoor cage/their carrier/very small puppy pen for the first 24 hours x

Did fat fluffs explain it to you? I wasn't with my bf when he picked them up but he was told to gradually increase the space over a few days if they were okay. I guess with a quad it would take longer because instead of 1 rabbit asserting dominance, they're working it out between the 4 of them.

Maybe when everything has calmed down you can try again :( and keep them in an indoor cage/their carrier/very small puppy pen for the first 24 hours x

Yeah they did, that's why it's my fault. I thought I was doing it ok because everything was going good when I increased the space..

I think I'd panic too much now, I put them back in the carrier (smaller space) about 20ish minutes after the fight and another one broke out in there aswell :(

They seem happy again in their pairs so I might just admit defeat, Thanks for your advice :)

Yeah they did, that's why it's my fault. I thought I was doing it ok because everything was going good when I increased the space..

I think I'd panic too much now, I put them back in the carrier (smaller space) about 20ish minutes after the fight and another one broke out in there aswell :(

They seem happy again in their pairs so I might just admit defeat, Thanks for your advice :)

Hiya

I did the same thing with my two and then had to decrease the space again. That was when I had to sit with them and spray Flopsy with water to stop him harrassing Cadbury.

I think that bonding is quite hard to manage unless you are there 24/7 for a few days. It must be so much harder when there are 4 buns to manage and seeing them at each other is upsetting.

I hope they have settled down now and that you feel better x

Hiya

I did the same thing with my two and then had to decrease the space again. That was when I had to sit with them and spray Flopsy with water to stop him harrassing Cadbury.

I think that bonding is quite hard to manage unless you are there 24/7 for a few days. It must be so much harder when there are 4 buns to manage and seeing them at each other is upsetting.

I hope they have settled down now and that you feel better x

Hi thank you, I still feel awful for messing everything up but they're all calm again back in their original pairs now.

I'm just going to keep them in their pairs now, people might think I'm being selfish because they'll have less company but after that fight I just don't think it's worth it.. Unfortunately

Hi thank you, I still feel awful for messing everything up but they're all calm again back in their original pairs now.

I'm just going to keep them in their pairs now, people might think I'm being selfish because they'll have less company but after that fight I just don't think it's worth it.. Unfortunately

Actually I'd say that's the most unselfish thing to do..it's more convinient to have a quad, but I actually think bunnies are better of in pairs, I have had a quad and pairs and have no doubt pairs are closer... Not always the case at all but I'd say you've made the right desicion

Actually I'd say that's the most unselfish thing to do..it's more convinient to have a quad, but I actually think bunnies are better of in pairs, I have had a quad and pairs and have no doubt pairs are closer... Not always the case at all but I'd say you've made the right desicion

I agree with this totally. You tried but they didnt really take to each other - just one of those things. They each have a bun to cuddle up to and you love them all. That's what matters the most after all :thumb: x

I agree with this totally. You tried but they didnt really take to each other - just one of those things. They each have a bun to cuddle up to and you love them all. That's what matters the most after all :thumb: x

Thank you :) I'm just so glad the bonds between the pairs hasn't been broken, then I would have felt even worse

Thank you :) I'm just so glad the bonds between the pairs hasn't been broken, then I would have felt even worse

The two pairs must love each other very much as they got through their little adventure okay in the end. They'll be talking about it for years! :lol: :love:

oh my that sounds really bad hope you and your bunnies are ok
don't stress it will all gradualy get back to normal
just keep them in their pairs for a while till they have calmed down
so sorry to here about this
love lissy xxxxxxxxxxx:shock::shock::shock::cry::(:(

Back