• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving Through Long Grass is Somewhat Challenging When You Are a Hamster

She's lovely :love:

Aren't you afraid you might lose her? We're looking after some Chinese hamsters at the moment for some friends. They're playing in a big cardboard box at the moment, but my daughter keeps picking them up (she's incredibly gentle with them) but I'm terrified that they're going to escape!!!

She's lovely :love:

Aren't you afraid you might lose her? We're looking after some Chinese hamsters at the moment for some friends. They're playing in a big cardboard box at the moment, but my daughter keeps picking them up (she's incredibly gentle with them) but I'm terrified that they're going to escape!!!

Elsie is very tame and she tends to follow me about rather than try to run off on her own :)

Awww :love: :love: :love:

My ratties used to love a run in the garden (closely supervised of course!) and they used to love all the new smells and feels.

I would be scared of losing a hammie in grass that tall too. Both Jane and Elsie are experienced adventurers though, as this is not her first foray in the garden. :)
I am quite jealous of your lovely long grass though. We are still under snow here and forecast for more next week. :( Someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that it should be melting off by now and the days should be warm and full of the fragrance of Spring. :cry:
The only area in my yard that is even remotely green is a small patch of grass over our well, which is still encased in snow, and I've seen a few shoots there, but don't dare bring them in for the bunnies as I am certain they are far too sugary.

Back