• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Messy Bunny!

roxbunny

New Kit
I have a year old lop (spayed), who recently has been throwing her bedding all over the place, and digging to china! I know female bunnies are messy, but is it suitable to only give her litter and not bedding as such? She is an in door bunny in a large two part cage!

Is your bunny a chewer? If not I would really recommend vet bed it has been a god send for me and has cut down the mess significantly. There is still some mess from Hay and litter from the litter tray but otherwise it is great. I use the mini vac in there to keep it nice and tidy.

I bought mine cut to size from Ebay at a reasonable price. It is machine washable which is handy. I have 2 lots which I rotate and they come in cool colours. Mine are pink :).

We had tried everything up to this point but this has definately made our life easier.

Pooka used to get a bed made up with bedding and hay. But she just shoved everything out the way to lay on the plastic at the bottom of her crate so we eventually gave up with the blanket and just used the hay, because she just seemed to get annoyed with it!

Could be Spring or boredom.

Does your bun have plenty of things to do and lots of time out of her cage? Usually indoor cages are not very large, puppy pens, extra large adapted dog crates or bunny proofed free range is usually recommended.

Back